• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

Furthur - Binghamton thanks YOU!!!!

#6734 3 years, 4 months ago
Thank you all for a "GRATE" show....
Nice to hear you feel things haven't changed Phil, I believe that says alot. The other shows in that building/area are typically associated with as some of the best of their respective tours and as you said it's reciprocal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justintime105
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur - Binghamton thanks YOU!!!!

#6735 3 years, 4 months ago
Our love is real it won't fade away ! (~);} Thanks so much !
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#6749 3 years, 4 months ago
The show was SMOKIN'!!! Loved seeing the Boys hangin together!
keep upstate rockin and come back real soon!<3 much love!
Thanks for a real good time!!!!
Nupsdog
Junior Boarder

#6816 3 years, 4 months ago
Alright I actually have some time to write a little something. :0)

This whole day was nothing short of wonderPhil. From meeting with the mayor and Sargent and his staff at ten am to the last notes played at 1:15am, all the effort and work that went into it all was well worth the smiles on so many faces. And the show sandwiched in between was such a delight.

After the 83 show, and the events following, never thought I'd see the day you guys played the Arena again. Hopefully the love you felt and fed right back through the music filled you up as much as it did us. Really excellent show. Right out of the gate, Passenger > Music Never Stopped > Crazy Fingers what a way to open the night, from a personal standpoint, three songs I really hoped to hear last night were Passenger and Music Never Stopped along with Black Throated Wind. Race is on is a tune Im not usually all that crazy about but last night, I loved it. Seemed to have a little something in it last night that reflected some of the happenings around this area rather well. Peaceful Valley was well played, I do enjoy a couple RA tunes and that is one of em. Black Throated was a nice gem and something both Amy and I wanted to hear. And very nicely done. Sugaree always is nice to hear to these ears anyhow, and deliver you guys did indeed. Bertha brought some tears to my eyes, just because my Grandma's name was Bertha, and well, ever since she passed that song took on a whole new life for me and to end the set with a smashing version was such a pleasure.....

Set two got going with a nice jam got us all moving and shakin and took off into Truckin > New Speedway. Considering there has been a bit of darkness surrounding this show in the local scene with some people unfortunately, New Speedway was a perfect reflection. Then into Cosmic Charlie.... ((((Gitmo)))), brought tears of joy to our eyes. Wished many of our PZ friends were there with us physically. Just beautiful. Then Something. Man I have the best wife, well one of I guess I should say cause I'm sure there are a few of em. But there's something in the way she moves indeed that makes me smile and she was movin all night long. Just fitting. And then we have Mountain Song. This was my first time ever hearing this song. Was hoping to get one of the new tunes and this is a Monster. I am looking forward to sitting down with the lyrics. Just sheer POWER in them words ((((Breathe)))) and the energy in the song is excellent, I will be looking forward to hearing this more often. We both commented on it a few times as we sat there and just listened till JK really got into it and I had to stand up to watch. <---- more on that in a moment. Thought for sure Scarlet>Fire was gonna end set two and much to both our surprise onward the show would go. and would it indeed. With all thats gone on lately, Bear, Adam the latter hitting a little closer to home since we know Adam personally and have seen quite a few shows with him SOTM was such a fitting moment. And I love it when Bobby sings SOTM too. I don't care, give me shit about it, lol. I love it. GDTRFB was a fitting tune as well and very reflective of some local situations. And We Bid YOu Goodnight, I love what you guys have done with that, beautifully played and I loved it. US Blues allowed for an early exit and we were able to beat the crowd and the N2O shitheads....

I felt the band was incredibly tight, which says alot about the focus of this band on the music and it comes through in their playing and energy coming off stage. I felt they do a really great job of exploring within the music, playing off each other tremendously. I mean I found myself watching the band play more than listening last night many times. Watching Bobby and John play off each other was great. John really is the perfect fit for this music. IMO. He's done a tremendous job standing up there and playing his ass off. Phil's bass was just piercing. Bombs away many times over last night. Jeff just seems to be a highlight of every show we've ween so far, Furthur or The Dead. The Silver Fox just prances all over the ebony and ivory. And Sunshine your voice is pure gold, in both our minds, just listen to that Bid You G'Nite your voice over everyone at the end just shines brighter and really stands out. From a music standpoint I believe they have indeed gone a little Furthur than they've gone before.

I hope they feel the same way after yesterday & and last night and decide to return to Binghamton & make this a regular stop again. Thanks for coming fella's, and fellette. Much love and safe travels....
Chester
More or less in line

#6838 3 years, 4 months ago
I want to thank Furthur, and Binghamton. The only show I'm going to see this tour, and everything was fantastic.
Lets do it again soon.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
BigEyedPhish
Fresh Boarder

#6926 3 years, 4 months ago
I am a Binghamton native and I have to say that besides the Dead show back in the 70s (I wasn't alive then, so I can only imagine) this had to be the best show to grace our little town... I wasn't old enough to see the Grateful Dead and fell inDEEP DEEP love after I listened to them for hours on my first mushy trip (Is there really any better way to be introduced?)

This show in itself was probably the happiest 3 hours of my young life, and will probably be that way till Terrapin Station is played at the next furthur concert I go too.
Anyways, I am now in Furthur withdrawals and need moreeee... Please come back! We love you here!
PatC
Fresh Boarder

#6934 3 years, 4 months ago
Great show!! Had a fantastic time with the band after the show at a little backstage party. Very nice people. I can not wait to do it again!!
ForSure25
Fresh Boarder

#6993 3 years, 4 months ago
had a blast! It was nice to meet you nupsdog, thanks for the info and putting stuff together. Big big fun
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nupsdog
Chester
More or less in line

#6996 3 years, 4 months ago
ForSure25 wrote:
had a blast! It was nice to meet you nupsdog, thanks for the info and putting stuff together. Big big fun

Woulda been nice if we could've met up. Still don't know what you look like. lol.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds