• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Eclipse - Give it back to Jeff

#67813 2 years, 11 months ago
there are jerry songs bob does really well with, standing on the moon.
what about some more brent songs!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#67828 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
jeez phil botches one song and gets scorned, bob can't hit the lyrics 100% to any song, and he's praised and defended on here...they're old men taking the ride as many more times as they can

it is the phil and bob show they call the shots, if phil wants to sing eclipse, go for it...he's basking in his passion singing songs he wants to, especially at red rocks where his tones both instrumentally and vocally are naturally enhanced for the better

might as well start another thread about letting jk sing jerry tunes bob now sings

First of all, we are not criticizing Phil for botching one of his tunes, as is often the case with Bob. The criticism was directed at the way the band chose to play a cover tune.

Should you like us to expand the criticism of "Bassett-Throated" Phil on other tunes -- I can oblige. But I know his limitations come with the territory, and even commented elsewhere that he is handling the songs he wrote and always sang about the best I've heard him.

I love the band and agree that they have the right to sing any song they want. I, on the other hand, have followed the band for three decades and could have put a kid through college on the money I've spent. So, I think I have the right to criticize a tune when I think it could be handled better.

Forgive me for not bowing down on the alter, but I think the ol' boys can take the constructive criticism, should they ever care to look in.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#67873 2 years, 11 months ago
you must not see much of what i post on here, every single one of my reviews hits the bad along with the good..i criticize them more than i sometimes maybe should...i guess its just that this isn't the first time phil has sung it and the last was pretty good

phil sang way more this weekend than he normally does, i am agreeing he was hoarse at many moments but it is part of the blind contract you signed when you bought your ticket, to take whatever they have to dish
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#67887 2 years, 11 months ago
Just reading and reacting. I don't think this band has pulled off Floyd, yet. And I think the vocals is where its' lacking.

Just one dude's opinion.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds