• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

Eclipse - Give it back to Jeff

#67283 2 years, 6 months ago
Furthur has excellent back up singers, i remember the first time i heard eclipse i thought it was way way kewl they gave a song for jeff to have for himself. woulda been kewl if it continued to stay that way, i think his version is far and away better than the other phil versions, phil doesnt even know the lyrics. oh well the jam was pretty kewl.

i just think itd be a a very "goin furthur" gesture to give sunshine sunrise and give jeff back eclipse. i understand this is phil and bobs show and im glad its that way! i love Phil and i love Bobby! just gotta recongize whats best for the bands sound! ok just my thoughts!

Loved the Eugene shows i was at! Phil was sooo on! and Bobby ripped it up! jeff and sunshine were sublime and jeff is always a madman!!! love chementi!!! russo layed down the sick beats! i hope furthur comes back next year!
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Eclipse - Give it back to Jeff

#67289 2 years, 6 months ago
I would love for Sunshine Garcia Becker to be allowed to sing lead on anything. She's such an amazing singer. She adds so much to Dear Mr. Fantasy and Comes A Time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#67404 2 years, 6 months ago
the backup singer do alot of good for furthur. when i first heard of the bob and phil having back up singers i envisioned something like gacia band, gospel like, and im really pleased wit both of em, hearing both of them trade verses off with jeff, or bob and phil woudl be AWSOME. maybe as this band matures, time will tell. ratdog in 09 was much different than ratdog 96, imagine this band could change just as drastically if the reighns were taken off.
but, then again, i miss billy and mickey and ratdog, so we just have to see then wont we.
either way, we(the fans) win.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#67422 2 years, 6 months ago
I was at Radio City when they first played it and then SPAC when Phil took the vocals back. I thought Jeff did a great job with it but theres something about Phil's version that brought it up another level for me. Maybe it was the energy from the crowd attributing, I noticed Phil messed up some lyrics the other night but Eclipse wasn't the only song he did that on either, at SPAC he nailed it. Listening to the recordings I could go either way with which is better but there was something about seeing Phil do it live that just made it that much more special.... for me anyway
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#67583 2 years, 6 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
I would love for Sunshine Garcia Becker to be allowed to sing lead on anything. She's such an amazing singer. She adds so much to Dear Mr. Fantasy and Comes A Time.

I respectfully disagree with you sir. I did not want to hear her on Comes a Time. It was a total disruption from the unbelievable version JK was delivering to us in Orlando. I only want to hear jk in that spot, she was way to overpowering. I am a big fan of Jeff and Sunshine, just not there.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#67626 2 years, 6 months ago
that eclipse was a 45 played at 78........

Appreciate the effort, but If you are going to throw that one into the mix do it justice for chrissake....love phil but if the lyrics are a struggle toss it over to Jeff or someone else. ....searching for the sound indeed.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#67673 2 years, 6 months ago
jeez phil botches one song and gets scorned, bob can't hit the lyrics 100% to any song, and he's praised and defended on here...they're old men taking the ride as many more times as they can

it is the phil and bob show they call the shots, if phil wants to sing eclipse, go for it...he's basking in his passion singing songs he wants to, especially at red rocks where his tones both instrumentally and vocally are naturally enhanced for the better

might as well start another thread about letting jk sing jerry tunes bob now sings
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#67731 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
might as well start another thread about letting jk sing jerry tunes bob now sings

Now that you mention it, I really wish they would let John sing U.S. Blues. I don't like the Vegas lounge singer version Bobby does. That song is supposed to kick ass. They played it as an encore at the Hard Rock in Orlando and I was like "WTF?" Then they went into Touch Of Grey. I never thought I would be glad to hear Touch Of Grey as an encore. Us Deadheads are a very critical bunch, but it's only because we love the music so much. Can you imagine a fan of any other band arguing the way we do about the things we care about? We're not being haters. It's all about love.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#67754 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:

I feel like their has been a few threads about that
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#67757 2 years, 6 months ago
steve i agree 100% on the us blues, bob can't sing it or remember it for shit, can it or give it to john...i'm just saying, one mistake from someone sparked more attention than impossible to avoid mistakes on a nightly basis of another

i catch a lot of crap from people for being so critical of the band...because if you can't be honest you are lying to yourself

shake it---thats why i said another...it was more a joke but is a frequent topic, and also something we have absolutely no control over
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds