• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
*A*C*SLATER*
Fresh Boarder

Is the band done going any furthur???

#67053 2 years, 11 months ago
i have heard that after the fall tour that phil is leaving the band.(which doesnt break my heart). so if this is true what direction do you think bobby and teh rest of the band will venture...

i myself would love for ratdog to get back together...bobby just seemed to be having alot more fun onstage...or maybe something with billy and mickey....

....is this why there hasent been any talks of a new years show???

i have done some searching and havent found anything on this subject so i thought i would ask you,...or maybe you can link and threads here that cover this...~one love~
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Is the band done going any furthur???

#67058 2 years, 11 months ago
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shakeit, bokb, SunshineSue
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#67066 2 years, 11 months ago
[quote="*A*C*SLATER*" post=67053]i have done some searching and havent found anything on this subject

So then its just a rumor, we have covered this subject already in older threads but have put it to rest because it is totally a rumor, based on nothing, I really hope this thread doesn't re-hash the issue because it really is all just nonsense at this point. Like i said in a previous post, if Phil or the band wants us to know something they will tell us, but until then...
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#67086 2 years, 11 months ago
i dont know about other peoples opinions but i refuse to believe phil would play his last gig with furthur in indianapolis of all places i think his last furthur show will be a home show like new years so i think we at least get a new years run this year but like ^^^^ said they will let us know if there is any such big news until then enjoy what we are so lucky to currentky have
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#67143 2 years, 11 months ago
totally. NO WAY phil would play his last show in indiana, and THERE WILL BE A NEW YEARS SHOW, and apart from people like the person who started this thread, people looking for someone to substansiate a baseless rumor they heard/read, i have heard nothing AT ALL about phil leaving furthur. i am a bobby fan. i love phil, but if i had to chose between a bobby show and a phil show i would choose the bobby show, i know alot of folks feel the other way, but each to his own, that being said, i think furthur is phil and bobbys band, if either of them bail, im sure they would not tour as furthur. Furthur is awsome for its abilitity to play the GD songs the way the GD played them, but with a twist, it dosnt feel like rehashing, it sound like what maybe the GD would have sounded like had they not disbanded after the passing of jerry, minus the drummers of course.
I WANT RATDOG BACK. fuck it, let ratdog open for furthur, that way bobby can stick to the songs furthur wont touch with ratdog, i know i know, it donst make good business sense, but what good art does.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#67446 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm not sayin' that Phil would play his last Furthur show in Indy, BUT, the Murat Theatre is a beautilful old place and I think would be a worthy place for any band to play their last show. Just sayin'
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#67463 2 years, 11 months ago
*A*C*SLATER* wrote:
i have heard that after the fall tour that phil is leaving the band.(which doesnt break my heart).

Well, it would break my heart.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#67468 2 years, 11 months ago
Please just stop talking about the END of this.I love these guys and they have created something that will live forever .That being said, knock it the F off!!!!Phil is happy,just look at him,have you heard him lately?His bass has teeth!
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
*A*C*SLATER*
Fresh Boarder

#67477 2 years, 11 months ago
hey now,
thanks for all the responses....i hadn't known that this subject has been covered before...i had heard the rumor, and hopefully that is all that it is...

...i did scroll thru a few pages and didnt see anything ...so i figured i would ask...i didnt post this to start any mis-information...i have been hoping for a new years run and been checking almost daily to see if anything has been posted and when i was told that phil was leaving furthur i started to do some searching..and didnt find anything i thought i would ask here....

....would love to see another new years show.....so this futhurmore friday....please give us some dates....please
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#67481 2 years, 11 months ago
i have just got off the phone with bobby, he told me that they wiill be playing
bill graham civic auditrorim dec. 30-31 and there will be suprizes in store.
they=furthur.
please please please please people get a hobby that dosnt involve getting all worked up over what a rock band does.
for christ sakes.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds