• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

Saturday Redrox set 2

#66949 2 years, 6 months ago
Im not yet fully awake, need coffee and a bow,l but hot damn that se t looks like a fantasy. Lucky Redrockers!!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Saturday Redrox set 2

#66950 2 years, 6 months ago
I got my coffee, bowl, and headphones on, Phil is rockin it!

afurthur-at-red-rocks_7316006_87.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#67017 2 years, 6 months ago
It was an amazing set, all right, sounded wonderful! Hopefully, we'll get a prompt replay again tonight; I'll have the links posted in the Show Review section as soon as they're available.

Here's the aforementioned second set from Saturday again, in case anyone missed it in the set list thread: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17630859
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#67019 2 years, 6 months ago
Maybe the spirit of Jerry was shining down on them!

JEFF.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78, SunshineSue
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#67726 2 years, 6 months ago
otherone78 wrote:
Im not yet fully awake, need coffee and a bow,l but hot damn that se t looks like a fantasy. Lucky Redrockers!!!

Yes, that second set was one for the ages. Right out of 1968. I purchased both shows on Sunday. I am scared to listen to that second set, second night. COMPLETE ANNIHILATION !!! Yes, we were lucky (as always) Redrockers.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#67762 2 years, 6 months ago
my favorite set of the tour so far, constant jams one after the other a sledgehammer to the head phil was primal
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#67775 2 years, 6 months ago
OK just for an alternative view my friend typed this and I could not have put it any better... again diifferent strokes for different folks...

Except for the first 30 minutes of the 2nd set on sat.

FUCKING train wreck. Eclipse - in mu HUMBLE opinion- should never start a set. And phil did not do it justice (note- I don't mind phil singing), and the attempted jam out for Mountians and dark star fell flat. Meandering stuff with no groove that finally just petered out- about five attempts. Not sure what the deal was but it did not work.

Compare that to- for example- Suplication from Friday or bird song from Sunday (which just completely smoked on the jam).

I talked to at least 20 people who were there Sat and the overwhelming consensus is that the first part of ther sat set two blew.

Things started to come around in the Stephen Jam, and from the 11 to the end it pretty much smoked (DEW was out of hand), but MY GOD was the front end of that set EPIC.

FAIL.
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#67856 2 years, 6 months ago
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep going Furthur!!!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds