• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cub
Senior Boarder

First Time attaching pic trouble

#66669 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey Team, I am trying to share a pic I took at the 9.5.85 GD RedRocks show . Is there a delay or review that happens before it can be posted for others to see? Thank you !
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: First Time attaching pic trouble

#66672 2 years, 10 months ago
you might have to be in compatability mode if your using internet explorer. click "add file" next to where it says Attachments, pick a picture from your hard drive and then a URL for that pic should show up in the white box and it will say "Insert" next to where it says "add file". Click insert to have the picture in your post or if you leave it without clicking insert then it becomes an attachment in your post and people will have to click on it to view the picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker, Cub
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#66674 2 years, 10 months ago
You're not the first! A couple tips: if you're using IE9 as your browser you won't see any of the insert and format options in the reply box and nothing will upload unless you're in "compatibility mode", and even then you won't have all the options. I strongly suggest using Firefox. Once you can see all the options, be sure to click "image link" in the boardcode section, before clicking "add file" in the Attachments section, and then browsing for the picture on your hard drive, and finally hitting "insert file" in the Attachment section. Otherwise, the pic will just come up as an attachment and not in the body of the post.
Hope some of that helps, and if not ask again or feel free to message!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Cub
Senior Boarder

#66707 2 years, 10 months ago
Sue, Thank you for taking the time to help-out this clue-less in Philly head. I even put off all recreational activities until I get this pic posted.I have a Mac ad I browse with Safari or Firefox. Could it be that I can only upload my pic with internet explorer or using a PC ?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#66710 2 years, 10 months ago
Cub wrote:
Sue, Thank you for taking the time to help-out this clue-less in Philly head. I even put off all recreational activities until I get this pic posted.I have a Mac ad I browse with Safari or Firefox. Could it be that I can only upload my pic with internet explorer or using a PC ?

You've got my sympathy, I've been about to throw the computer out a couple times trying to load pix here.

Not sure on the Mac vs PC issue, but doubt it. Definitely use Firefox NOT explorer; using explorer to browse is where all my problems uploading happened. I haven't heard about trouble here with Mac's, though, so hopefully just the switch out of IE and to Firefox will do it. My fingers are crossed!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: First Time attaching pic trouble THANKYOU

#66757 2 years, 10 months ago
You Rock Sue !!!! It took a few trys but I know have 2 pics up on that same topic I started oh...12 hrs ago. Look forward to login after the Phillies win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Cub
Senior Boarder

First-Timer's Mission Accomplished

#66826 2 years, 10 months ago
Here is The Other One . I'll find some more to share for Sunday coffee-tawk.
my notes:
On Sept 5, 1985 Friday afternoon, while waiting in the tapers entrance we kept hearing "White Noise" being blasted from inside the amphitheater. It was Dan Healy breaking in the band's new speakers and macintosh amps. White noise is a tone generated that sounds like the the back of a jet engine that never moves away from you. This picture shows the 2 separate stacks of speakers Left and Right with some gaps in the stacks. By the Sunday show more new speakers were added to the twin-towers and we enjoyed an audiophiles dream. Acoustically perfect stereo in Mother Natures living room.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Cub. Reason: wrong pic
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: First-Timer's Mission Accomplished

#66833 2 years, 10 months ago
Cub wrote:
Here is The Other One . I'll find some more to share for Sunday's coffee-tawk.
Topic: "MAKE TAPES,
NOT WAR'
On Sept 5, 1985 Friday afternoon, while waiting in the tapers entrance we kept hearing "White Noise" being blasted from inside the amphitheater. It was Dan Healy breaking in the band's new speakers and macintosh amps. White noise is a tone generated that sounds like the the back of a jet engine that never moves away from you. This picture shows the 2 separate stacks of speakers Left and Right with some gaps in the stacks. By the Sunday show more new speakers were added to the twin-towers and we enjoyed an audiophiles dream. Acoustically perfect stereo in Mother Natures living room. There was a simple computer printer-made sign on-back of drapes for Dan's new soundboard. It read: "Make Tapes Not War".
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#66976 2 years, 10 months ago
Those are great shots, Cub, thanks! : )
slipnut
Fresh Boarder

#66981 2 years, 10 months ago
Jerry and Phil traded sides between the two photos being taken!! (not really but the second photo is backwards I think)
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by slipnut.
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds