• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Have you Ever freaked people out during a show?

#66327 2 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes I have screams and grunts escape during certain songs, and it startles people. Things like "can't take no more fuckin rain", or ride ride ride...). I've also caused my fair share of security guards and cops to shake their heads in disgust and or amazement when the music gets hot. I love it when they look or point at me like I am so zoned out I am lost. I just smile at them and give them the peace sign and continue to groove with the music. It's like a reverse freak out.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Have you Ever freaked people out during a show?

#66329 2 years, 10 months ago
i used to bring those propeller whistles (small roundtube with a propeller) that make a crazy noise and kazoos i wouldhand themout to peoplenear me and wed have fun not sure if that counts as freaking out ,annoying oramusing people
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#66336 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i used to bring those propeller whistles (small roundtube with a propeller) that make a crazy noise and kazoos i wouldhand themout to peoplenear me and wed have fun not sure if that counts as freaking out ,annoying oramusing people

So interfering with others' ability to hear the music and enjoy the show is exhibiting tolerant, kind behavior how?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#66337 2 years, 10 months ago
I was tripping face at Radio City and I forgot why but some people by the bathroom though I was freaking out or something and were like "oh you can ride it out" and stuff but I was like smiling and in an awesome mood but I went to talk and couldn't even say anything but I smiled and gave them a thumbs up or suttin like that, I actually thought it was pretty funny people though I was having a bad trip.

so thats not really me freaking anyone out but people thinking I was....
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Chester
More or less in line

#66346 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I was tripping face at Radio City and I forgot why but some people by the bathroom though I was freaking out or something and were like "oh you can ride it out" and stuff but I was like smiling and in an awesome mood but I went to talk and couldn't even say anything but I smiled and gave them a thumbs up or suttin like that, I actually thought it was pretty funny people though I was having a bad trip.

so thats not really me freaking anyone out but people thinking I was....

Ha. That's more like me. I got freaked out. And may have inadvertantly freaked a few out. But it was all fun. Just rolling with it. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#66347 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't think I've ever freaked anyone out at a Dead show, but when I've brought my A game to a non-Dead show I know I've gotten some suspicious looks -- most recently at a John Butler Trio show.

He has his share of freaks, but there were also some wine sipping yuppies about half our age who just could not figure out why a couple of middle aged, straight-on-the-surface looking folks (we had chatted politely before the show) where dancing their asses off like their life depended on it.

At the end of the show there was nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#66374 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

So interfering with others' ability to hear the music and enjoy the show is exhibiting tolerant, kind behavior how?
who said i did it during the music? wha wha spare me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#66576 2 years, 10 months ago
Just ask thousands of people who were at redrocks tonight. lmfao
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#66590 2 years, 10 months ago
other peoples enjoying the show (in their own way) has always been part of the whole experience for me. Wether it be whistles (83msg) or cheers or whatever, it all adds to the energy. Last year at Red Rocks I met this couple who were only able to get one show (sat,) and they (Furthur) put on an amazing show and the couple I met went crazy (in a good way) and that actually made the show more enjoyable for me.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#66612 2 years, 10 months ago
The second night at Richfield Coliseum in the fall of '93 I was REALLY out of my head and dancing like a madman. It was the best time I ever had at a show. This lady behind me was freaked, but in a good way. She told me she could tell what a great time I was having. She also said something very profound, though I don't remember exactly how she said it. She basically told me that no matter what happens in life and how bad things might get, I'll always have the Dead and memories from shows like this. There was also this kid behind me who kept looking at me like I was the weird one. He was some straight laced teenager who was wearing a tie dye but who obviously knew nothing about the music. I didn't see him move once the whole night. I think I freaked him out in a bad way.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Time to create page: 2.88 seconds