• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

Re: Bright new board

#66115 3 years ago
I like to check this board from my ipad in bed, in a dark room it is too bright. pisses off my wife
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#66127 3 years ago
I preferred the other, but can surely get used to this format. However, it looks like I will have to change my profile picture which appears quite washed out now. BTW, in case anyone wondered WTF the map depicts...

It is a map of Colonial Bladensburg where the darkened square marks a current archaeological dig (Market Master's House) taking place in search of artifacts left behind by wounded American and British militia and soldiers at a make-shift hospital who had participated in the Battle of Bladensburg which occurred in August 1814 during the War of 1812. During the battle, the Americans eventually broke and ran after a last ditch effort to hold by Commodore Joshua Barney and 500 US Marines above the Anacostia River at what is now Fort Lincoln Cemetery before the British entered Washington DC and burned the Capital Building and White House.

A very rare eastern tornado hastened the British from Washington DC and back to their ships at Benedict, Maryland after their victory heading to Baltimore - the Battle of Fort McHenry - and the setting for the writing of the poem that would become the Star Spangled Banner. Bladensburg is my home town. Perhaps I am a little too proud Marylander.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#66140 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I feel like I'm on .org now!

feelsweirdman.gif

awesurprise.gif

I noticed that too. Not exactly, but close. I'm getting used to it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Chester
More or less in line

#66153 3 years ago
I does seem like my avatars not standing out like it used to. I may look for something more colorful.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#66249 3 years ago
yeah much too bright, I was having trouble reading 420's posts the other night. The bright colors are just too bright.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#66254 3 years ago
Still no change here. But that was always the way, the last one to have it kick in.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#66264 3 years ago
That did it.

Meh
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#66265 3 years ago
Only a blind man knows when the sun is shining... it aint bad its just weird thats it looks exact same just white but i can dig-dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#66266 3 years ago
ok cool, i thought it was just my computer at first, i refreshed a couple of times. i
Chester
More or less in line

#66298 3 years ago
The more colorful your avatar is, the more it stands out. Really noticing that now. : )
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds