• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Next Break Out Song?

#65987 2 years, 10 months ago
JK recently played in September with his band some Jerry tunes that Furthur has not played yet, Harder they Come, Russian Lulllaby, Second that Emotion, Get out of my Life & Good Night Irene.
Chester
More or less in line

#65991 2 years, 10 months ago
Island Head wrote:
JK recently played in September with his band some Jerry tunes that Furthur has not played yet, Harder they Come, Russian Lulllaby, Second that Emotion, Get out of my Life & Good Night Irene.

That would be cool. Maybe some Van Morrison, like "Into the Mystic", or "And it stoned me". The Dead did Into the Mystic,
in 09, and I thought it was great. Furthur hasn't done either one of those.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#66012 2 years, 10 months ago
I would love Cats Down Under the Stars, or a Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, but that seems like a stretch. Lazy Lightning>Supplication and Far From Me are pretty high up there for realistic breakouts.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#66015 2 years, 10 months ago
terrapin blue--interesting you mention cats down under the stars, as that was my response to this thread...might seem like a strecth but the other night in montana they debuted these little white triangles as part of their backdrop, and the first lights that hit it were these orange rays that really lit it up to look like the pyramid on that album...the following night, the man handling the stage soundboard was wearing a cats down under the stars t-shirt..coincidence? i really don't know, but that's my guess
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#66035 2 years, 10 months ago
Any ideas what was soundched in Utah?
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#66039 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
terrapin blue--interesting you mention cats down under the stars, as that was my response to this thread...might seem like a strecth but the other night in montana they debuted these little white triangles as part of their backdrop, and the first lights that hit it were these orange rays that really lit it up to look like the pyramid on that album...the following night, the man handling the stage soundboard was wearing a cats down under the stars t-shirt..coincidence? i really don't know, but that's my guess

Don't get me overly excited. John does JGB so damn well. I loved seeing him do Sisters and Brothers also, so that is up there but again, such a low chance. (
deadheadnj
Junior Boarder

#66045 2 years, 10 months ago
How bout Watch Tower or That Would Be Something? These 2 songs are what I wish they break out with if they haven't already....
What would be the answer to answer man
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#66049 2 years, 10 months ago
deadheadnj wrote:
How bout Watch Tower or That Would Be Something? These 2 songs are what I wish they break out with if they haven't already....

they did Watchtower last night man!

Shine On You Crazy Diamond would be very nice, The Dead and Phil & Friends used to do that one... I'm getting so pumped for November
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadheadnj
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#66070 2 years, 10 months ago
It is Pink Floyd week, I think they'll bust Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Interesting that they had a day off yesterday, hopefully they worked on Lazy>Supp!

Oh, and still waiting on the Slewfoot breakout
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Slewfoot.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#66071 2 years, 10 months ago
In Eugene I thought I heard them sound checking a Pink Floyd tune. I'm not exactly sure which one. But I think they will play some Floyd at Red Rocks
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Time to create page: 1.24 seconds