• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
godsahn
Fresh Boarder

Working For Furthur

#65741 2 years, 10 months ago
As much of a long shot as this is, is it possible to somehow acquire a job working with the band i.e. merch, "roadies", etc. How does one go about acquiring a position? If anyone knows someone who I could contact to steer me in a direction, it would be much appreciated. Please refrain from flaming/derogatory comments....I would just go to Phantasy Tour for that.

Thanks,
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Working For Furthur

#65743 2 years, 10 months ago
I think about that all the time. I would work for free if I could. I think they keep a lot of that in the family.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#65752 2 years, 10 months ago
I know they have people under contract that they use regularly, but I bet a few of the artists on this board wouldn't mind designing a cd cover, etc., if such a beast is in the works, (myself included!!!)
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#65756 2 years, 10 months ago
If they need a resident brewer I will brew tasty batches in every the town they visit. Root beer for Phil.
perry
Senior Boarder

#65763 2 years, 10 months ago
I think Dave Anver's position is open

The Dead tour in 03 had fans hawking the cds for free tickets...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#65765 2 years, 10 months ago
Just daydreaming about this.....It would be the best job ever!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#65783 2 years, 10 months ago
Sign me up!

....actually wait a minute, I'd probably miss seeing shows if I worked for them so I'd rather keep it the way it is on second thought...
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by MushroomMan.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#65812 2 years, 10 months ago
working for the band is no where near as fun as going to a show.
its like, work duh.
being an artist, would it thrill me to see one of my works on the cover or a furhur any band members cd/poster whatever, HELL YEAH, but i would not want to be like a grunt, those guys work their asses off! most people couldnt hack the work/hours/lack of sleep/etc.
MAD PROPS TO THE ROADIES! the first to come and the last to go(unless its a furthur show, then im usually the last to go)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
msylvis21
Fresh Boarder

#65918 2 years, 10 months ago
I worked for Bobby's tour manager as an intern during Dead 09 Fall Tour...probably the closest you could get to "working for the band" as many of them have people that have been with them from day 1 and they are a well oiled machine. It was definitely a dream getting to attend all shows backstage and know some in the loop secrets ahead of time, but honestly nothing is better than just being a fan, enjoying the lot, and the crowd, and listening to the music from where it is meant to be heard...as a fan in the audience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds