Last nights Here Comes Sunshine>Foolish

#65733 3 years, 1 month ago
Maybe it's just me but I love last nights versions.......seamless
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

Re: Last nights Here Comes Sunshine>Foolish

#65746 3 years, 1 month ago
Agreed. I just wrote this in the review section
"Here Comes Sunshine..great jam, band sounding so confident, tight yet somehow raw at the same time..again JK sounding more assured, taking more chances
>Foolish Heart...so tight, I love how they all sing the end line "to a Foolish Heeeeaaaarrrt" and then Jeff's piano solo builds so beautifully as the gets fired up and by the time JK solos the x factor is there, firing on all cylinders, Phil especially just rages on this...just awesome emotion..goosebumps..it just keeps going on and on.."

www.furthur.net/forum/show-reviews/65415...mit=20&start=160
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#65776 3 years, 1 month ago
They were just on from the second that set started. Agree with all of the above- loved those two!
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#65791 3 years, 1 month ago
I love it when it REALLY works, we got a sweet Passenger>Doing that rag in Mansfield that went into some pretty interesting places. On July 4th 2010 at Nateva the music that became the transition segue in Eyes of the world>Days Between was pure inspiration. That's what it's all about.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#65827 3 years, 1 month ago
just listening to it now off the taperrob tape-delay stream.....so nice.

Foolish is just written to spin and soar....and Jeff took this one to heights.

Saw the breakout by GD in Alpine....saw it at Tower last spring and was blown away. Love it. So underrated.

That change up into Lovelight isn't easy, but they down shifted pretty nice.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#65843 3 years, 1 month ago
I haven't heard it yet, but another great song combination that they busted out was the Music -> Golden Road from the first night in Eugene.

I absolutely loved what they did with the closing jam where they jammed out what usually is a very brief interlude jam before they start rocking it out. That jam was delicately conceived, intricately woven, and the perfect amount of buildup before they blasted out of the stratosphere following Bobby's "never stop" bop/scat. The way they kept increasing the pace and building the intensity before rocketing into "Golden Road" was spectacular. It was a wave that loomed over the crowd, crashed amidst the walls of the ampitheater and pulled the crowd back into the band and the jam in its considerable undertow.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#65902 3 years, 1 month ago
it was an awesome pairing, john was hinting at the foolish big time throughout, and they sure took it head on
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds