• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Ever lose your car at a show?

#65685 3 years ago
I don't know how I ever managed to find my car after a show at a place like Deer Creek. The closest I came to actually losing my car was at the Furthur show at UCF in Orlando. The parking situation there sucked. It's a college campus with a bunch of scattered lots, and most of the parking was taken up by students. I had to park in a garage a ways away from the arena. It was Parking Garage 3. I figured no big deal, after the show I'll just follow the signs to Parking Garage 3. But at the time I didn't notice there were no signs to Parking Garage 3. I also didn't know what my state of mind would be after the show. So the show ends and I exit the arena and I have no idea where Parking Garage 3 is. I know the general direction, but since it's dark out everything looks different and I'm still a little out of my head. I start retracing my steps and I'm looking for some sign that could tell me the numbers of the various garages, and I start to panic. I'm thinking "holy shit what if I can't find the garage?" So I'm walking across a parking lot and I see a cop car heading my way. I flag the cop down and ask him where Parking Garage 3 is. Very foolish considering my pupils were the size of dimes, but I was desperate. He points me in the right direction and I figure all is well. So I get to the garage, but I can't find my car! I know I parked on the ground floor and there are only a few cars left in the garage, but I don't see mine anywhere. I start walking around in circles for what seems like an eternity and I'm really starting to freak out. Finally I find my car. Getting out of the campus and locating the highway was another nightmare, but I made it home. It was a very scary experience.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Ever lose your car at a show?

#65688 3 years ago
I had to leave my car at Furthur Festival back in '96.
It was at Blossom and the headlights wouldn't come on after the show , had to leave the car there.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#65745 3 years ago
It's funny you mention Deercreek, because back in '92 I was there and some kid puddled me wit some super clean liquid and my mind was was just plain devoid of functioning.... we were selling drinks and the security guard (GD person) saw the cases of juice and had us park way the hell out- there was some small foot path to the lot we were at... obviously didn't do much vending that day

But I walked around deercreek- the entire venue- at least 4 times.... just kept walking and walking. I knew there was the footpath, but I just couldn't comprehend the WHOLE CONCEPT of finding it, following it, etc. Had I been in a normal state of mind I would have headed right there no problem- I've been to deerkcreek a few times.... but in that state of mind I might have just swam home.

And of course, once I got to my car (it must have been 1 a.m. by then), the girl I was traveling with, who promised to be the designated driver that night, couldn't drive because she was smoking crack with some hoodlum (lseriously smoking crack- she didn't get in the show and met this older guy...) and so I had to drive. WTF!!!! Talk about driving through a bugs bunny-esque cartoon of corn fields with a ton of police lights flashing red and blue... not a good night for me.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#65749 3 years ago
SPAC '85...a 3 hour tour...around and around
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#65761 3 years ago
GIANTS(OLD) STADIUM.......lordy was I lost but eventually..........
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#65789 3 years ago
It amazes me how I never pay attention to where I'm parked and then somehow after the show I always find my truck in no time...

of course the parking lots are cleared quite a bit by the time I get out there so that helps...
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#65800 3 years ago
Alpine Valley, still can't find that piece of shit.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#65811 3 years ago
Tempe 87.....Big ass dirt parking lot. Burned out after Red Rocks and Telluride..Made the trip to AZ because my gal had a friend there..Got stopped at 3 a.m.outside of Tuba City at a fruit fly checkpoint....Of course there was contraband in the car, by that I mean fruit. But we were so conditioned to deny holding anything, we just said no when they asked us if we had any apples or oranges. They believed us (we had other "stuff" too). Anyway, back to the parking lot. We just kept walking and walking, no sign posts and we were so thirsty. It was night and everything was hazy. Eventually a band of hillbilly gypsies reminiscent of old Charlie Manson took pity on us and gave us a drink....best grape juice I ever had. Cleared my mind enough to fine the Datsun, fire it up and move on. Oh yeah, remember a beautiful naked chick running through the crowd that night. Wonder what happened to her.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Terrapin Sedation.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#65836 3 years ago
never lost our car however getting lost after the show on the way back to the hotel has occured multiple times, Last year at Red Rocks after each show my girl who was sober got took a wrong turn and we had to turn around! Then in 2000 after Phils 60th I got us lost in Oakland (not a place to be lost) I remember seeing bums huddled around barrels of fire crazy stuff!
The voices tell me what to say
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#65840 3 years ago
Last year at Red Rocks

1. parked in the upper south lot
2. ate mushrooms
3. enjoyed the show
4. wandered around the lower south parking lot for hours looking for my car
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds