• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

Re: NYPD

#7484 3 years, 4 months ago
I would add that our friends had the seats next to us, and some middle aged white people showed up to sit in them. When our friends asked if they got the tickets from us, they said yes.

My friend texted my gf and heard the deal. He rold the middle aged white guy, they bought stolen tickets. He flashed a badge and said "your friend is lying. mind your own business" They told him to fuck off and went to the Balcony.

I would have made a stink over this, but what's the point of being a target on their radar when I was getting an ACD?

They are nothing more than organized crime themselves!

Fuck them!
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7529 3 years, 4 months ago
First of all I have lived in NYC my entire life and have even been arrested a few times (not at shows, however) and your story sounds pretty far fetched. The cops here may be aggressive, but your story reeks of major exaggeration. I have an awful lot of trouble believing MOST Of that including your follow up post about the cops taking your tickets and going to the show..

Secondly this quote..."Fuck the NYPD and if the band never played in the city again, I wouldn't sweat a bit."...shows just how selfish you are. I live in NYC , I go to shows in NYC and I would be REALLY upset if the band never played here again. People like you are selfish creeps.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7533 3 years, 4 months ago
And then there's this....

"To say that drinking a beer in public is harshing the scene in NY is a joke. It has long been a standing practice in NY to allow folks to drink a beer in public on the streets as long as it is in a bag or paper cup. Don't believe me? Go into any pizza place in NY and ask for a beer to go. Boom...draft in a paper cup right on my corner. They have bars on the tracks in Penn Station and every single store upstairs sells a beer to go."

I didn't say that "drinking a beer in public is harshing the scene in NY" I said that public drinking, which IS against the law, regardless of what you say or think, contributes to the bad reputation we have with police and local communities EVERYWHERE. It is against the law to drink publicly. There is a law against open containers of alcohol on the street. Just because pizza places and other stores will sell you a beer to go does NOT mean that it's legal to drink that beer on the go. It IS in fact against the law and people get arrested for doing so every day in NYC. The tracks at Penn Station are not public, they are only for ticket holders and it is legal there...but NOT ON THE STREET.
Lynx
Visitor

#7537 3 years, 4 months ago
"First of all I have lived in NYC my entire life and have even been arrested a few times..."

Well you just lost ALL credibility with me young man!

Nah just kidding. Your cool.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#7538 3 years, 4 months ago
slipknot, you are an angry person.... and most people are appalled by the behavior of the NYPD.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7540 3 years, 4 months ago
LOL

Don't be silly. I never said what I was arrested for.

For the record I was arrested for protesting the war back when Bushie was prez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7541 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm not angry at all.

I'd also love to see the poll that shows that "most people are appalled by the behavior of the NYPD."

I'd also like to see what credentials you think you have to speak for "most people".
Lynx
Visitor

#7542 3 years, 4 months ago
slipknot75 wrote:
LOL

Don't be silly. I never said what I was arrested for.

For the record I was arrested for protesting the war back when Bushie was prez.

It's a good thing you set the record straight on what you were arrested for... I was about to start coming up with all kinds of wild theories!

You want a war? I'll give you a war! (thanks for protesting though!)
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7575 3 years, 4 months ago
You're funny. I like you.
Lynx
Visitor

#7579 3 years, 4 months ago
slipknot75 wrote:

Jeez you said that and my Karma points went down one! I'm gonna go stand by someone else.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7601 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx wrote:
slipknot75 wrote:

Jeez you said that and my Karma points went down one! I'm gonna go stand by someone else.

I'm sorry if your karma got bitten by my dogma
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#7685 3 years, 4 months ago
Slipknot...trust me when I tell you I am not exaggerating. I even met with an attorney to consider legal action, and had him come to court. I was back at the neurologist and in PT again. It was a truly horrible experience. There is a faction of old school NY cops who believe they are the law, and therefore determine what it is. What the written law is means nothing.

If you live in NYC, ask around to those who have been arrested by NYPD cops, and see how they feel if people were treated like people or animals. I get the distinct impression part of the policy is to make your experience so dehumanizing you don't dare cross the line. It's pure intimidation.

Three other people in that van that night showed up in court with attorneys. That's how over the top it was. The fact is I got another ACD, when technically you should only ever get one. Once that happened, I walked away. I work in midtown daily. The attorney for one of the guys wanted to know if I would testify. I felt bad declining. I don't need to make enemies with the NYPD. Guess their intimidation works. It shouldn't.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds