• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: NYPD

#6738 3 years, 5 months ago
LOOK! The Police (took an oath) to uphold the law...
they dont write the laws...your supposed representatives do..
TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!
the average flatfoot doesnt have an option as to what laws they decide to enforce, & which ones they decide not to.
Im sure their supervisors were close by, monitoring their conduct...
Dont bash a guy who's just doing his job...
leave the shit back in your rooms...
be safe/be smart...
NY State is going through some tough financial times, & are looking to create revenue anywhere they can...
ticketing & fine quota's are way up...
why increase your risk of prosecution in such an environment?

I FUKIN' HATE THE LAWS TOO...(but I dont tempt fate) by going to an area so over flowing with a potential to incarcerate me...

--> BE SMART...
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
The following user(s) said Thank You: trix
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#6746 3 years, 5 months ago
my point was your first post was a friggin lecture! still lame!
i lived in nyc and have seen alot- also as a criminal justice student i can tell you that you as a police officer do not have to arrest for every infraction you see- very discretionary - and now your bringing 9/11 into busting someone for a beer or a jay?! common!?
i have family on the job- so don't even go there- there is plenty to keep the cops in nyc busy without trying to entrap people or pad the local economy with bogus petty issues!
do i think drinking a beer in that area is stupid? yes- but going to jail or being detained for hours on a ticket and missing the show- wow in this economy that will keep people comming back! lol
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#6748 3 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, but you did try to play the "Furthurer than thou" card, which is very lame, and made any intelligent argument you were trying to make completely inconsequential. You do know this board is only a few weeks old right?
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6762 3 years, 5 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
my point was your first post was a friggin lecture! still lame!
i lived in nyc and have seen alot- also as a criminal justice student i can tell you that you as a police officer do not have to arrest for every infraction you see- very discretionary - and now your bringing 9/11 into busting someone for a beer or a jay?! common!?
i have family on the job- so don't even go there- there is plenty to keep the cops in nyc busy without trying to entrap people or pad the local economy with bogus petty issues!
do i think drinking a beer in that area is stupid? yes- but going to jail or being detained for hours on a ticket and missing the show- wow in this economy that will keep people comming back! lol

I can care less about where you think one can and cannot go when it comes to family on the job. Could not be anymore irrelevant considering your talking to someone who was actually on the job in law enforcement in NYC for over 25 years. The reference to 9/11 is that the same officers you complain about were there to protect/save people like yourself and will do it again tomorrow for you when the next incident occurs. Consider that next time you bitch about them enforcing the actual laws of New York State, they put themselves out there every SINGLE DAY.
So your day sitting at a desk in a criminal justice class reallly gives you insight what a police officer faces daily? What a ridiculously, absurd analogy. As far as discretion when it comes to arrests, yes it does exist,, but those officers were instructed to enforce all crimes in and around RCMH. Trust me there is no discretion allowed in this situation. It’s a image thing that the mayor’s office and 1 Police Plaza want to maintain. Do you really think the management of Radio City wants people drinking and smoking weed in front of their venue located in the heart of Manhattan. How about the Mayor’s office, or 1 P.P. ? Wake up, how about we all loitered, drank and smoke weed in front of your business, or your home? Is that acceptable? Maybe in front of your criminal justice class where you are gleaming such insight on what a NYPD officer’s role and responsibilities are.
The arrests that were made on those breaking the laws in front of RCMH only enhances the average citizen’s belief that the venue is a safe place to visit. The next attraction will sell as many, if not more, tickets to those citizens who wish to attend these venues without being subject to people like you who feel the world revolves them and they can drink and smoke where they please. I’m glad those people got tossed, I’m not interested in being subject to your second hand smoke or your drunken antics. Furthur could announce a 10 day run there next week and the tickets will sell as briskly, if not faster (based on how well they are playing) then last weeks. The arrests of those breaking the law will in no way whatsoever, as you put it, effect ticket sales.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooklyn Jimmy, trix, BlueLightRain
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#6765 3 years, 5 months ago
Well in an interview Bob Weir said himself when asked about the smell of all the smoke at shows bothering him and he said "no not at all, if it did I think I'd be in the wrong line of work" so if your expecting not to smell any pot at a show or if it bothers you, perhaps your going to the wrong kind of shows.....just busting your ass with that last comment I agree with most everything your saying and respect cops 100% but ganja is, always has been and will be a part of the show. Along with crazy people tripping out having fun!

People just gotta learn to keep it down
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#6769 3 years, 5 months ago
Funky420 - sorry that your post got all yuk with the soapbox preacher!
funny how someone can assume all kinds of crap- i go to school at nite and teach during the day- i wasn't drinking or smoking in public so no drunkin' antics here - i work with high risk youth and there is always more than one way to handle a situation- obviously some people don't agree- don't really care- and my god father has been on the job almost 40 years- my cousin 22 years i respect what they do- we have had many debates on law enforcement- esp since i started in the cj program- and if you think they will always come back no matter how bad the scene- just ask Nassau !!!
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6772 3 years, 5 months ago
Yet you defend those who do drink and smoke in front of the venue at the expense of the hard working officers who are performing their sworn oaths? So where are going to drink and smoke in front of your home/buisness? I'm sure thats fine by you. And BTW the last time the dead (with warren) played Nassau is was sold out. What the heck are you tallking about? Quit knocking the NYPD and you wont be preached to. You have no idea what they do daily for the citizens of New York, if you did actual respect them you wouldnt post these absurb comments.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#6775 3 years, 5 months ago
look get a life- do you know how long they stayed away from nassau??? the show you are talking about was the first time they had been there in YEARS!!
and if you reread- i didn't defend drinking in front of the venue-your words- you came to the wrong place to lecture- reread the rules as well - and leave me alone- the original poster was venting- your making the big deal- she was detained- not you! we know where you stand on the subject-move on!
i won't respond to you on this subject again!
Lynx
Visitor

#6778 3 years, 5 months ago
"you know this space is getting hot"

JP, you make a lot of good points. It's hard to argue that your way isn't the path of least resistance in this issue.

Irishqueenie, I know exactly where you're coming from. People like us should stick to rural venues. Much more laid back in the woods and mountains ya know? Goin' where the climate suits my clothes....
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by .
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder

#6780 3 years, 5 months ago
lynx im with you on that! AMEN!
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6781 3 years, 5 months ago
Care less if you respond again, remember your original post called me "lame", but I guess thats OK as long as you posted it. And now you want to start talking about rules?

Do you think maybe the dead didnt return to nassau in years because, lets see, maybe someone died in 1995, and the days of the arena show, for the most part, are over. They have been there, sold out, a couple of times, furthur fest in god knows what year and the dead with warren a few years back. So your point, as all others, is unfounded.

So now you want people to abide by rules, make up your mind (how absurd).
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#6782 3 years, 5 months ago
Lynx wrote:
"you know this space is getting hot"

JP, you make a lot of good points. It's hard to argue that your way isn't the path of least resistance in this issue.

Irishqueenie, I know exactly where you're coming from. People like us should stick to rural venues. Much more laid back in the woods and mountains ya know? Goin' where the climate suits my clothes....

Agreed Lynx, i purposely stay away from the city shows for this reason. Anyway, lets move along to some summer shows out in Cali, Oregon, Washington and Colorado! Nobody really worrying about a couple jays out there!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds