#7575 3 years, 6 months ago
You're funny. I like you.
Lynx
Visitor

Re: NYPD

#7579 3 years, 6 months ago
slipknot75 wrote:

Jeez you said that and my Karma points went down one! I'm gonna go stand by someone else.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7601 3 years, 6 months ago
Lynx wrote:
slipknot75 wrote:

Jeez you said that and my Karma points went down one! I'm gonna go stand by someone else.

I'm sorry if your karma got bitten by my dogma
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#7685 3 years, 6 months ago
Slipknot...trust me when I tell you I am not exaggerating. I even met with an attorney to consider legal action, and had him come to court. I was back at the neurologist and in PT again. It was a truly horrible experience. There is a faction of old school NY cops who believe they are the law, and therefore determine what it is. What the written law is means nothing.

If you live in NYC, ask around to those who have been arrested by NYPD cops, and see how they feel if people were treated like people or animals. I get the distinct impression part of the policy is to make your experience so dehumanizing you don't dare cross the line. It's pure intimidation.

Three other people in that van that night showed up in court with attorneys. That's how over the top it was. The fact is I got another ACD, when technically you should only ever get one. Once that happened, I walked away. I work in midtown daily. The attorney for one of the guys wanted to know if I would testify. I felt bad declining. I don't need to make enemies with the NYPD. Guess their intimidation works. It shouldn't.
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#7699 3 years, 6 months ago
Two beers from a bodega = $5
Two beers from a bar near Rockefeller Center = $25

It really isn't hard to understand why someone would choose to drink the bodega bought beer (wasn't trying to alliterate-Winning).
But if there isn't anywhere legal to drink it (except the tracks at Penn???) what do you expect people to do?
It's a concert, people like to pre-game and save a few bucks.
Cops know this, hence the undercovers.
And arresting and hassling hippies at Dead shows has always been a sport for them, come on, don't deny it.
I agree with the Firefighter.
Slipknot you need to get out of the city and mingle in the real world.
Everything is not so black and white (pun unintended)
I think if someone gets arrested and misses the show because they were DRINKING A BEER, they have a right to be pissed.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Fire Scarlet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds