• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: NYPD

#7068 3 years, 6 months ago
Great idea!
The voices tell me what to say
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7133 3 years, 6 months ago
Look...I'm no fan of the police hassling people or arresting deadheads...but the bottom line is you were drinking a beer in the street. That's against the law and you know it is. The police didn't hassle you for no reason. You were blatantly breaking the law in full view of the police. What did you expect? What you don't get it that what you did was selfish and makes it more likely that the rest of is WILL get hassled for no reason.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you don't want to get arrested don't break the law in front of law enforcement.

And if you care one iota about anyone but yourself, don't do it at shows.

You broke the law...you got arrested...and you contributed to the already shitty reputation that we have.
Lynx
Visitor

#7141 3 years, 6 months ago
"...you contributed to the already shitty reputation that we have."

Speak for yourself. I'm a well loved and much respected member of my community.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7144 3 years, 6 months ago
So...you're going to deny that deadheads have a shitty reputation with the police and the general public regarding, among other things, drug use, alcohol use, showing up without tickets, gate crashing etc.

Really? What planet do you live on? Because I'd love to live in fantasy land with you.

The bottom line is that breaking the law in public adds to our shitty reputation whether you want to accept the REALITY of that FACT or not.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7147 3 years, 6 months ago
What makes you think my actions would have a neg effect on you. No one else I was with got checked or questioned. So my actions affected me only.
The voices tell me what to say
Lynx
Visitor

#7148 3 years, 6 months ago
It was a joke dude. You are absolutely right though. I can't, and don't want to, control what other people do. I can only control what I do. I'm not perfect by any means and until I am I will try to resist lecturing other people on how they could be living their life better or making better choices.

That's all from fantasy land.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7152 3 years, 6 months ago
That's ridiculous. Your actions have an effect on everyone in the scene. As do mine. If you were just one isolated incident in history....fine. But you are just another statistic and obviously you don't give a fuck.
Lynx
Visitor

#7157 3 years, 6 months ago
What statistic am I? You're just making trouble, huh?
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#7161 3 years, 6 months ago
I like NY, and the Guys have played some really great shows there. That being said, the NYPD and the Atlanta PD have always treated deadheads worse than in other cities. I've literally seen them crack kids' heads with clubs. Also, in her defense, laws are different in other cities. I live in Miami and everyone drinks on the street, tailgates, etc. Also, scalping is perfectly legal.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7164 3 years, 6 months ago
No. I am NOT making trouble.

Let me make this simple for you.

Deadheads have developed a very bad reputation with the police and local communities in which the various bands play for drug use, drug sales, public drinking, showing up without tickets etc etc etc.

Anytime someone blatantly breaks the law, as you did with public drinking and gets arrested they add to the statistics which communities use as a weapon against us to deny the band permission to play in those communities.

You have added to those statistics. If you gave even the slightest shit about anyone besides yourself and your own selfish need to get drunk outside of the venue you wouldn't have gotten arrested and you wouldn't have contributed to this already bad reputation.

I'm not saying its ALL your fault. Im not saying that at all.

I'm saying that getting drunk outside the venue, something you KNOW is against the law, is more important to you than the welfare of the scene and everyone else that has to suffer because of people like you.

You won't get it. You're just selfish and think that you should be able to do whatever you want..and fuck everybody else.

In my touring days we frowned on that kind of bullshit.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds