• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

Re: NYPD

#6895 3 years, 4 months ago
Go piss off NYC PIGS! One more reason NYC sucks, give me the west coast where people are cool.
Light up or leave me alone!
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#6896 3 years, 4 months ago
easy now. you cant hate on nyc for a cop doing their job now? I'm sure Furthur hates the east coast too, thats why they play out here all the time
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#6897 3 years, 4 months ago
Actually Jerry got pissed that so many a hole undercovers busted us that he pledged to not come back to Nassau and did not for many years.
BTW go listen to the great great Canned Heat do Sic Em Pigs....
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Colorado Greg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6980 3 years, 4 months ago
did jerry tell you this from the grave? wtf are you talking about, a quick look at the gd shows at nassau showing them playing many shows right up to jerrys untimely demise. they played nassau: 3/31/93, 4/1/93, 4/2/93, 4/4/93, 4/5/93 and 3/23/94, 3/24/94, 3/25/94, 3/27/94, 3/28/94. Thats some boycott !!!!! WTF is all this speculation regarding a boycott? seems like they played there pretty regularly right up to the end !!
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#7036 3 years, 4 months ago
From 85 to 90 they avoided the place like the plague. This story is fairly common knowledge among deadheads.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Colorado Greg.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7040 3 years, 4 months ago
not trying to bust anyones stones or anything but a quick search on the setlist program shows no shows there from march 85-march 90 and then they were there a few times a year from 90-95 but yea I'd say 5 years is a decent amount of time to stay away from not liking the scene.....

Also the Grateful Dead never played CT after 1990 and I've been wondering why after seeing that but I imagine that was because of the scene there as well?.....
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7043 3 years, 4 months ago
oh shit you edited your post and corrected yourself before me.....my bad!!
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#7045 3 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
oh shit you edited your post and corrected yourself before me.....my bad!!

I had to double check the base on that one myself, I do remember hearing or reading an interview with Jerry (not from beyond the grave smart guy) where he talked about this, anyone else remember that one?
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7058 3 years, 4 months ago
In response to the people saying I'm dumb for not wanting to py the fine, that's not it at all. I would have absolutely no problem paying the fine would have payed it that night even, all I'm saying is that now I'm expected to fly back stay in a hotel etc so a $100 fine becomes a $1000 fine. If there is way to pay the fine (which I'm going to look into) I will.
The voices tell me what to say
Lynx
Visitor

#7064 3 years, 4 months ago
It would be great if you could fly out there, stay in a nice hotel, eat some fancy food, etc, etc... then write the whole thing off as a business expense because you were there to take care of government business. Free vacation!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds