• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

Re: NYPD

#6772 3 years, 5 months ago
Yet you defend those who do drink and smoke in front of the venue at the expense of the hard working officers who are performing their sworn oaths? So where are going to drink and smoke in front of your home/buisness? I'm sure thats fine by you. And BTW the last time the dead (with warren) played Nassau is was sold out. What the heck are you tallking about? Quit knocking the NYPD and you wont be preached to. You have no idea what they do daily for the citizens of New York, if you did actual respect them you wouldnt post these absurb comments.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#6775 3 years, 5 months ago
look get a life- do you know how long they stayed away from nassau??? the show you are talking about was the first time they had been there in YEARS!!
and if you reread- i didn't defend drinking in front of the venue-your words- you came to the wrong place to lecture- reread the rules as well - and leave me alone- the original poster was venting- your making the big deal- she was detained- not you! we know where you stand on the subject-move on!
i won't respond to you on this subject again!
Lynx
Visitor

#6778 3 years, 5 months ago
"you know this space is getting hot"

JP, you make a lot of good points. It's hard to argue that your way isn't the path of least resistance in this issue.

Irishqueenie, I know exactly where you're coming from. People like us should stick to rural venues. Much more laid back in the woods and mountains ya know? Goin' where the climate suits my clothes....
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by .
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#6780 3 years, 5 months ago
lynx im with you on that! AMEN!
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6781 3 years, 5 months ago
Care less if you respond again, remember your original post called me "lame", but I guess thats OK as long as you posted it. And now you want to start talking about rules?

Do you think maybe the dead didnt return to nassau in years because, lets see, maybe someone died in 1995, and the days of the arena show, for the most part, are over. They have been there, sold out, a couple of times, furthur fest in god knows what year and the dead with warren a few years back. So your point, as all others, is unfounded.

So now you want people to abide by rules, make up your mind (how absurd).
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#6782 3 years, 5 months ago
Lynx wrote:
"you know this space is getting hot"

JP, you make a lot of good points. It's hard to argue that your way isn't the path of least resistance in this issue.

Irishqueenie, I know exactly where you're coming from. People like us should stick to rural venues. Much more laid back in the woods and mountains ya know? Goin' where the climate suits my clothes....

Agreed Lynx, i purposely stay away from the city shows for this reason. Anyway, lets move along to some summer shows out in Cali, Oregon, Washington and Colorado! Nobody really worrying about a couple jays out there!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Lynx
Visitor

#6786 3 years, 5 months ago
I've been to a few shows in NYC, as well as few other major cities. I had good times at all of them and am grateful for the experience. These days I avoid city shows though. For me it's not just the show/band but the whole experience. Nothing beats a well designed venue in a beautiful natural setting. Case in point... heading up to Burlington, VT to see a little Cornmeal at Higher Ground. Gonna take rt 100 up through the Green Mtns passed Moss Glenn Falls... probaby get out and hang there for a few minutes. Then I'm gonna meander the picturesque downtown Burlington area, get soem good food, then head to the venue, buy a reasonable priced Jack and Coke, and get down to some of the best music going. Who's with me?

Moss Glenn Falls....

4824738453_ed8cc01d4b.jpg
flyin brian
Junior Boarder
If I Knew The Way, I Would Take You Home

#6806 3 years, 5 months ago
is this guy the victiim or the crime?
2013 Furthur Fantasy Football Champion
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#6889 3 years, 5 months ago
my beef is not, nor would it ever be, with the officers doing their duty...as a former firefighter i have nothing but respect for my fellow first responders...my problem is with whomever gave the order to have:

a) undercovers roving the area (really? cmon)...a uniformed presence would have gone much much further towards curbing the 'offensive' acts described herein...myself, i generally wouldn't smoke in public, but if i did, and if i saw a cop in uniform nearby, i wouldn't even light the joint in the first place...problem solved!

b) the heavy-handed treatment of a legally minor infraction...there was no need to handcuff these people and keep them locked in a paddy wagon for 8 hours...confiscate the contraband, give them a desk appearance ticket and let them be on their way

c) valuable police resources used to harass folks who, when you really get down to it, aren't hurting anyone...i don't think even the most ardent supporter of law enforcement could argue that there aren't bigger problems in this city to solve than a hippie smoking a doobie outside radio city

fin

the only result achieved here is that many fans will now reconsider going to a show in NYC and spend their dollars elsewhere...short sighted decision making=penny wise and pound foolish
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#6892 3 years, 5 months ago
Cops prob do have better things to do, but you guys make it sound like this is the first time police presence has ever been like this. There prob not after us little guys just getting down and looking for bigger and better things. But, if they see you doing something wrong then by all means they will take action. This is NYC and not some outskirts venue and NYC is not generaly relaxed on these violations so they are going to go about it to the full extent.

I'll agree its annoying and cold but if you know the situations going to be like that then just be discrete and you would be surprised what you can get away with. Not saying that you shouldn't do this and that but if your going to just know your surroundings and keep things DL. If you wanna play then plan it out. A seasoned concert goer would have no problem doing what he/she wants to do as long as they are smart about it. Just because Furthur is in town and your looking to party doesn't mean you can do whatever you feel like doing wherever even if you feel that there is nothing wrong with your actions. A police officer will think otherwise when they are trying to preform their job and you think they should not follow through with their actions because you broke the law. They are getting paid and want to keep getting paid and their job is worth more then letting someone slide in a high traffic area where I'm sure there were plenty of senior officials around watching.
Time to create page: 9.39 seconds