• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: NYPD

#6603 3 years ago
jimmys right by the way if you dont show they will issue a bench warrent not sure if thats nationwide but dont come back to NY if you fail to answer you will get locked up
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#6604 3 years ago
this policy of coming down hard started under guiliannis tenure as mayor the current guy bloomberg hates smoking in all its forms and has made a big deal out of it.NYC usd to be a real fun place to see shows now its a major hassle..One of the reasons i skipped the best buy run.I just love the sound inside radio city so i tolerated the hassle.bottom line is open containers bagged or otherwise are illegal drugs are also illegal so consider yourself lucky that they didnt hold you or send ya to rikers pay the fine avoid the warrent and be a little more careful the next time.me i left NY for goo because of the high taxes and out of control policys
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#6609 3 years ago
"But once the magic fungus kicked in" Hell yea man keep on Shroomin' ....and if you don't know already, do a little research on them.....It will suprise you how safe they really are......

As far as smoking goes, I think a 1 hitter type deal is always best. I either neal or sit down, cup the bowl and lighter with my hand so you can't see the flame and then blow the smoke downwards. It does suck taking these precautions but people really do need to learn not to light up a spliff at Radio City......I feel sooo bad for anybody who got kicked out.

At the Best Buy they said you would be asked to leave in the begining but they were at least warning everybody there and giving 2nd chances.....I didn't see anybody get kicked out of the best buy, just security walking threw the crowd and making people put it out.
Jonpatrick
Fresh Boarder

#6612 3 years ago
I have some experience with the policing policy's in NYC as i worked in law enforcement for over 25 years in NYC. I was an arson investigator for the FDNY, buy had plenty of experiencing with the NYPD's policies. Basically, and as stated in a previous post, they believe that by addressing "quality of life" issues, such as drinking in public, that it will lead to a better crime free city. It all started with Giluiani and the squeegee window washers that used to harass drivers at so many key intersections. It has expanded to every possibly quality of life crime you can imaging, from turnstile jumping, trespassing in city housing blgs., open containers, weed smoking, etc etc. Hey try to go to a Met or Yankee game and have a beer in the parking lot, guess what you are going to receive a Desk Appearance Ticket (DAT), they are even issuing them to their own members.
The offender’s statement that he is going to ignore it and deny the city its monetary fine by not appearing is a grave mistake on your part. In all likelihood, based on your need to drink in public, you will be picked up again and once they "run" you and see you have a bench warrant for not appearing, then guess what, you get to through the system and spend some quality time within a holding facility waiting to see a judge. NO FUN WHATSOEVER
You actually reinforce their policy by showing that by breaking a quality of life crime (drinking in public) led to additional issues such as possession of marijuana. Guess what, its illegal still, and not permitted to be smoked inside RCMH or in public for that matter. So why not respect what is legal and what isn’t, and be a good citizen and have your beer inside an establishment like most do in a civilized society to. I bet, when pressed, the band would rather not have their fans drinking and smoking weed in front of such a NYC landmark as Radio City prior to their shows.
One last thing, to suggest that the NYPD is not addressing major crimes due to their enforcement surrounding public events is just ridiculous. They have over 30000 members and they have a wonderful record of solving major crimes and put themselves on the line DAILY, to protect the citizens of NYC>
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#6616 3 years ago
There wasting money and arresting innocent people. Your saying theres no other crimes in NYC that the cops can work on??

Yea thats right, everything is pretty much just fine and dandy there isn't it??........
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#6617 3 years ago
I hate to say it but you incriminated yourself by falling into the cops little tricks. They got you to admit to having some j's on you. You could have answered that question better by saying no officer I don't consent to any searches. Now I'm not to sure how this would go over with you having an open container and if that would count as probable cause or not but you def did incriminate yourself.

P.S. If your drinking a beer in front of a venue where there are tons of cops you have no one to blame but yourself. At least brown bag it, I think that is acceptable. But, there is no one at fault here but you and your own stupidity.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#6620 3 years ago
Jonpatrick wrote:
One last thing, to suggest that the NYPD is not addressing major crimes due to their enforcement surrounding public events is just ridiculous. They have over 30000 members and they have a wonderful record of solving major crimes and put themselves on the line DAILY, to protect the citizens of NYC>

Hear Hear.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#6622 3 years ago
The job of the police officer is to arrest people. They dont care if your nice mean or whatever. breaking the law is breaking the law and its tough to get a police officer to think otherwise. You should be less careless when going to a place where you know there are lots of cops. Cops do not care on your views and standpoints of issues and when you encounter them its never wise to voice them either.

You need to know your civil rights and be responsible and know the law.
staggerleem
Fresh Boarder

#6624 3 years ago
The deal in NYC now is that Mayor Bloomberg recently got a law passed that makes CIGARETTE smoking illegal on most city streets. So, the fuzz are cracking down on all kinds of smoking at all venues. That's why we brought our portable vaporizer to all of these gigs.

At the Best Buy show I went to (3/11) a plainclothes security guy came up to my seat (climbed over about 6 people to get there, too) and asked me if I wanted to get high. He kinda singled my Spidey sense, so I said "Sure! Do YOU have something to turn me on to, 'cuz I'm bone dry?" He said that it was incredible how dry it was in there, & moved on to another likely victim. Saw him conferring with a crew of Yellow Shirts later on.

Stealth is the rule of the day, my friends.
Now I don't know, but I've been told, if the horse won't pull, you gotta carry the load.
I don't know whose back's that strong. Maybe find out before too long.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#6627 3 years ago
I bet those guys take all the confiscated :"stuff" and smoke it whatever with it. I doubt it gets thrown away.
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds