• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
LLrain
Fresh Boarder
Brave the storm to come

Missoula Fans didnt make me proud....

#65346 2 years, 9 months ago
I loved last nights show and thought it was wonderful!!!

I tried hard to not dwell but inside the show, after the lot... I felt a detached vibe, of course many folks were very upbeat and happy... But I had multiple negative experiences..very rare at the many Furthur, Bob, Phil ETC shows i have seen.I wonder if its just my badluck last night.

I had a few people yelling "play something good" behind me and being UBER critical about everything, picking at Bob and Phil relentlessly. I brushed it off at first but couldnt help but get defensive. What did they want? Did they even know??

I had to bite my tongue through the first set then left my place on the floor to get away from the rude college kids.... a girl got all defensive because i was dancing close to her BF (up front where EVERYONE was packed) and made some rude comment while pulling him close.... (i dont want your 20 YR old BF) just dancin!!! Then towards the end there wasnt much dancing up front at all, a few fun groups here and there but more college kids and drunken dumbness then true music love....

The beer garden was as bright as a grow room, maybe thats why people were grumpy in there , while watching people i saw three DIFFERENT people getting pissy about being bumped into.

I dont know if i am out of line.... I had a blast myself and danced like a crazy woman regardless of the bad vibes i seemed to keep bumping into. Just wondering what the rest of you thought about it in general.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by LLrain.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Missoula Fans didnt make me proud....

#65354 2 years, 9 months ago
Twas pretttty much what I expected from that show. Mediocre at best, with very lil real energy, although a couple roadTRIPPERS on the bus disagree wit me lol. I tried to get down to the floor like 6 times to join the rest of the crew, but the damn floor nazis were thick as fawwwk. Like 6 at each entrance, so that was a no go. Got my freak on up on the reserved seats wit my miracle ticket (thanks stranger =-) Almost fell like 6 times down the seats which woulda been a bummer cus they were hellla steep lol. First set, wasnt really feeling it, iono, didnt catch me. Second set got me groovin, and overall had a mellow fun night. NOTHING compared to eugene tho. That shit was bananas. hehehhehe
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#65355 2 years, 9 months ago
LLRain - it really sucks when you end up near people who don't care about the music or make annoying comments throughout, I'm glad you still enjoyed it and didn't let them get the best of you. I've been in that situation and it seems no matter how much I try to just concentrate on the music I still hear those people and feel the negative vibes.... damn drunk fools gotta ruin such a good thing. I thought the setlist looked amazing last night and the show sounded good from what I heard to...... hopefully this wasn't your only show this time around -

DH420 - good to hear from you, its been a few days. was hoping all is going well on the Golden Arrow and that your just limited with internet access
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#65357 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry that you had some sucky vibes.. I know exactly what you mean.. Ive been knocked down more than once, punched in the face by accident, shoved, stepped on, groped.. and Ive let it ruin my time before... Red Rocks is our honeymoon so no one this time is going to bring me down or ruin my time...I just hope I dont get punched again by accident.. LOL...
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#65359 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry to hear that. I hate when people say stuff like play something good and poke fun at performers, It makes me wonder why they are there in the first place? Its those kind of people that don't understand what its like to be on stage night after night, year after year.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#65363 2 years, 9 months ago
Ive been knocked down more than once, punched in the face by accident, shoved, stepped on, groped.. and

We called that foreplay in Philly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, mcolleen
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#65371 2 years, 9 months ago
I thought the show was smokin hot, loved the set list. I thought the sound was great

was on the floor in second set and I know what you mean about detached listeners who didn't all seem to "get" the music. At one point I was hooting and hollering and dancin and this gaggle of awkward looking college kids stared at me like I was nuts, but I was into it and had a blast. Beer garden was weird though, it made me chug beer because I wanted outta there as fast as possible (couldnt see the band from beer garden, it was a basketball gym...not really a "garden" So I ended up drinking more than I would have liked. It also seemed like a lot less herb smokin than Eugene. I would guess only 1500 to 2000 attendees (if that).
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#65373 2 years, 9 months ago
It also seemed like a lot less herb smokin than Eugene.

Maybe this was part of the problem!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#65393 2 years, 9 months ago
[quote="Walk in the Sunshine" post=65363]Ive been knocked down more than once, punched in the face by accident, shoved, stepped on, groped.. and

We called that foreplay in Philly

i dont know if thats funny or sad
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#65394 2 years, 9 months ago
LLrain wrote:
I loved last nights show and thought it was wonderful!!!

I tried hard to not dwell but inside the show, after the lot... I felt a detached vibe, of course many folks were very upbeat and happy... But I had multiple negative experiences..very rare at the many Furthur, Bob, Phil ETC shows i have seen.I wonder if its just my badluck last night.

I had a few people yelling "play something good" behind me and being UBER critical about everything, picking at Bob and Phil relentlessly. I brushed it off at first but couldnt help but get defensive. What did they want? Did they even know??

I had to bite my tongue through the first set then left my place on the floor to get away from the rude college kids.... a girl got all defensive because i was dancing close to her BF (up front where EVERYONE was packed) and made some rude comment while pulling him close.... (i dont want your 20 YR old BF) just dancin!!! Then towards the end there wasnt much dancing up front at all, a few fun groups here and there but more college kids and drunken dumbness then true music love....

The beer garden was as bright as a grow room, maybe thats why people were grumpy in there , while watching people i saw three DIFFERENT people getting pissy about being bumped into.

I dont know if i am out of line.... I had a blast myself and danced like a crazy woman regardless of the bad vibes i seemed to keep bumping into. Just wondering what the rest of you thought about it in general.

Or at least a small percentage. But probably felt like everyone at the time. No cure against stupid.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds