• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#66147 2 years, 10 months ago
ryandbc wrote:
When I worked in news I knew someone that knew her pretty well from her early career. They went out to concerts that were more left radical than anything else. He said she was nice/fun - but whatever she is now is some weird caricature of what was more of a contrarian back then. I don't think we are ever going to know the full scoop on Couture... life imitating art - some bizarre performance piece, some puppet of some kind, talking head distraction from real problems, independent meaning what she say's or just a mean bitch with a personality disorder

Growing up I always felt the dead/jam scene was really conservative by the folks I knew into th
at music. And I have found that still to be the case after getting into it later in life. Compared to punk rock and such, most folks I have met seem to have steady white collar jobs, houses, families, moderate or status quo kind of views. So I'm not sure that this is any great anomaly. Not bashing on the above - this could have just been my experience growing up in CT. The rich kids in town where into "jam" bands, working class kids into punk rock.... a generalization based on my small world of that time.

She is a more fascist leaning conservative - but the more libertarian minded seem to make a lot of sense to the overall DIY, off the grid sort of mindset a lot of folks I have met at shows have. The dead seem historically to attract polar opposites and for a short time melt the mindless egotism of various positions, politics included. light and dark, yin and yang - yada yada.

Hey- she IS from New Canaan.... beautiful out there in the woods. I hail from Stamford myself.
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder

#66261 2 years, 10 months ago
Hehe this is true - I forgot that factoid. CT is beautiful. In many ways I never really appreciated it . For such a small state there is some real weird (in a good way) going on in every nook and cranny. I moved out west this year and love the weather and exploring, but miss the nutmeg state quite a bit.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#66306 2 years, 10 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I despise this woman with every fiber of my being. Forgive me for saying so, but she is just an evil bitch!!

Sue, it is hard for me to agree with those words being said about any human being... but in the case of Ann Coulter i think you summed it up nicely. She is the devil's spawn.
I love how supossedlytolerant people make such statements hypocrite is a word you should look up in the dictionary
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#66311 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
taper.tsquare wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
I despise this woman with every fiber of my being. Forgive me for saying so, but she is just an evil bitch!!

Sue, it is hard for me to agree with those words being said about any human being... but in the case of Ann Coulter i think you summed it up nicely. She is the devil's spawn.
I love how supossedlytolerant people make such statements hypocrite is a word you should look up in the dictionary

83, I'm not sure I really deserved that, unless being tolerant means being silent about the hatred and bigotry of others. But you have taught me a lesson about being more careful about expressing my opinion around here, unless i can develop a thicker skin.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#66315 2 years, 10 months ago
despise = hate hate is not a tolerant trait,opinions are totally encouraged,just like my statement was my opinion
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#66330 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
despise = hate hate is not a tolerant trait,opinions are totally encouraged,just like my statement was my opinion

We had a discussion on ratdog.org about toleration. The essence of it was that liberals should be more "tolerant" of evangelicals. Sure enough, as the thread started to wind out of steam, we got a couple of bible thumpers on there that proceeded to show everyone the limits of my toleration.

So let me ask you, 83: at what time should I stop being tolerant of someone who is herself hateful, nasty, bigoted, etc etc etc etc. ? In college I had to pick a book out of 30 to do a "critical analysis" on. and sure enough, I picked up a book titled "On toleration" or just "toleration". It was 10 years ago. And what I concluded was that for a society of multiculturalism like ours, toleration is not enough. We need to embrace others beliefs, differences etc. and rejoice that we are made up of so much difference. I think that's what democrats want to do (but getting spit on constantly doesn't help). It's not ENOUGH for one to say they tolerate others because that doesn't allow us to move forward, as a united society. It allows fractures, schisms, infighting... basically what we have today in the federal government.

So that being said: it is pretty clear that the right is intolerant. They threaten RINOs, for example. They tend towards homophobia and bigotry ("marriage is between a man and a woman..."). So I ask you: at what point is it correct or acceptable to stop being tolerating towards people who have either not earned my respect or earned a right to my tolerance, or should I be expected to tolerate no matter what? I sincerely do not know if Ms. Coulter deserves anything from my but pity and compassion. Obama basically said you can't keep responding to my handshake with a fist.... that's exactly what Coulter does. And sh does it with that evil smile of hers. I'm not christian so the "turn the other cheek" is funny to think about from the likes of Coulture, a suppossed christian herself.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#66377 2 years, 10 months ago
i didnt say anyone had to be tolerant of anyone i said i find it funnythose who espouse hippy ideals of tolerance are the first to start the retoric when some one doesnt have the same beliefs. me i call em like i see em so behave however you want its a free country . dont get your panties all twisted you two
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#66381 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i didnt say anyone had to be tolerant of anyone i said i find it funnythose who espouse hippy ideals of tolerance are the first to start the retoric when some one doesnt have the same beliefs. me i call em like i see em so behave however you want its a free country . dont get your panties all twisted you two

83, I've never been anything but friendly to you, and I feel that calling me a hypocrite for despising a bigoted, intolerant hatemonger like Ann Coulter is both inaccurate and a mean, personal attack. That's my opinion.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#66393 2 years, 10 months ago
hey you two stop it, all I know is I that I would bang Ann Coulter.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#66544 2 years, 10 months ago
Are you sure about that?

coulter_adamsapple.jpg
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds