• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder
Posts:720

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65329 2 years, 6 months ago
I usually stay away from politics with people that are far to the right or far to the left. I am very liberal, but have learned that as much as they can't change me, I can't change them. I guess it;s the moderates that keep us all under control.

That being said, I to think conservative heads are a strange breed, but I do have several friends who I used to go to shows with back in the 90's that are tea party conservatives. They still love the music, Jerry, and pretty much all things dead. They don't tour anymore, but I do see them at local shows, and it feels like old times as long as no one brings up politics.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder
Posts:943

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65341 2 years, 6 months ago
i don't care about any head's politics i guess with her, i just feel like she isn't being sincere i could be completely wrong she could actually truly love the music and all but i just feel like she is throwing out key words that she thinks will get her approval from the deadhead community...its almost like she is trying to validate her deadhead status/credibility if that makes any sense
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
lostsailor
Senior Boarder
Posts:552

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65366 2 years, 6 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i don't care about any head's politics i guess with her, i just feel like she isn't being sincere i could be completely wrong she could actually truly love the music and all but i just feel like she is throwing out key words that she thinks will get her approval from the deadhead community...its almost like she is trying to validate her deadhead status/credibility if that makes any sense


politically I've always thought she's a showgirl. She wil lsay the most horrible, mean things to get a reaction from the left. She dresses slutty to get a reaction. The deadhead thing allows her to get a reaction from the right. I doubt she wants to seek validation from us, at least. I think it's all part of her parasitic nature to make a buck...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, Cub, doin_that_rag
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1633

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65396 2 years, 6 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:
i don't care about any head's politics i guess with her, i just feel like she isn't being sincere i could be completely wrong she could actually truly love the music and all but i just feel like she is throwing out key words that she thinks will get her approval from the deadhead community...its almost like she is trying to validate her deadhead status/credibility if that makes any sense


politically I've always thought she's a showgirl. She wil lsay the most horrible, mean things to get a reaction from the left. She dresses slutty to get a reaction. The deadhead thing allows her to get a reaction from the right. I doubt she wants to seek validation from us, at least. I think it's all part of her parasitic nature to make a buck...




My guess she is probably on the GOP (Fox News. they're the same thing right) payroll, in some form or another. Yep just for that, shock value.
ryandbc
Fresh Boarder
Posts:14

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65779 2 years, 6 months ago
When I worked in news I knew someone that knew her pretty well from her early career. They went out to concerts that were more left radical than anything else. He said she was nice/fun - but whatever she is now is some weird caricature of what was more of a contrarian back then. I don't think we are ever going to know the full scoop on Couture... life imitating art - some bizarre performance piece, some puppet of some kind, talking head distraction from real problems, independent meaning what she say's or just a mean bitch with a personality disorder

Growing up I always felt the dead/jam scene was really conservative by the folks I knew into th
at music. And I have found that still to be the case after getting into it later in life. Compared to punk rock and such, most folks I have met seem to have steady white collar jobs, houses, families, moderate or status quo kind of views. So I'm not sure that this is any great anomaly. Not bashing on the above - this could have just been my experience growing up in CT. The rich kids in town where into "jam" bands, working class kids into punk rock.... a generalization based on my small world of that time.

She is a more fascist leaning conservative - but the more libertarian minded seem to make a lot of sense to the overall DIY, off the grid sort of mindset a lot of folks I have met at shows have. The dead seem historically to attract polar opposites and for a short time melt the mindless egotism of various positions, politics included. light and dark, yin and yang - yada yada.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by ryandbc.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:29212
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#65782 2 years, 6 months ago
I despise this woman with every fiber of my being. Forgive me for saying so, but she is just an evil bitch!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
gratefulade
Junior Boarder
Posts:64

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#66128 2 years, 6 months ago
I saw her at a DSO show in DC one time, so she definitely is a fan. (I also stood beside Tucker Carlson at a DSO show one time, who is also a conservative) I despise her politics but will defend her in that just because she isn't as studied as some of us may be doesn't mean she is not a fan. This is one thing that drives me nuts about heads, and I'm guilty at times too. We tend to criticize each other's fandom so harshly. I enjoy reading my deadbase, but I have friends that are heads that think it's ridiculous to spend your time study things like that. To me, it's about the appreciation and love of the music. So if she says she loves it, and goes to shows, I'm gonna say she is a head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, doin_that_rag
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder
Posts:5732

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#66131 2 years, 6 months ago
im sure bob and phil are millionaires and dont live the hand to mouth "hippy" lifestyle.being a head comes down to the music not the way you dress or the politics you believe
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
Equinox
Platinum Boarder
Posts:15802

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#66136 2 years, 6 months ago
That's true. The one point I would make is that all this music comes out of a spirit of tolerance and collaboration. Some of Coulter's rhetoric is downright vicious, though I tend to feel she's just being a political Howard Stern. Just doing it for attention (and book sales).
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Ann Coulter Extreme Dead'n Head

#66141 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I despise this woman with every fiber of my being. Forgive me for saying so, but she is just an evil bitch!!


Sue, it is hard for me to agree with those words being said about any human being... but in the case of Ann Coulter i think you summed it up nicely. She is the devil's spawn.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds