• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Waters bringing The Wall back to US

#65385 3 years ago
I think all four were really crucial to the Floyd sound. Mason's drumming and Rick Wright's Keyboards were completely unique. Anybody who saw Roger playing DSOTM would have to agree with that. It was great -- I saw that tour twice -- but it wasn't quite Floyd. Same could said of David's tour in '06, even though he had Rick on keyboards.

That said, I certainly plan to catch another Wall performance if Roger comes back. I've already seen it twice but I'll happily see it again. There's really nothing like it.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#65404 3 years ago
Saw Floyd one time with out Waters and they were ok, Saw Waters twice solo and he was AMAZING. The first time was his In the Flesh tour and he had Doyle Bramhall on guitar who was mindblowing and the second time I saw Waters he did Darkside the whole way through. Hands down Water brings it. I only wish he would come back and do Animals .
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#65455 3 years ago
Should have caught David's tour in '06. You might feel differently.

I saw Floyd twice on the '94 tour. In terms of the spectacle, the shows were phenomenal. Musically, I thought the band was strong but because of all the effects, they couldn't really stretch out. Glad I got to experience them, though.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#65514 3 years ago
Chester wrote:
I agree. Roger Waters is the voice of Pink Floyd. But David Gilmour is the guitar. I mean he has such a powerful unique style,
it's almost as recognizable as Rogers voice. I'm hoping they do a tour together, and soon. Thanks for the link too. : )

Agreed: ,Roger is the lyrical genius, but David Gilmour's guitar playing alone has moved me to tears, throw in his voice on underappreciated gems like 'Pillow of Winds' & 'Fearless', although it wasn't 'his band', Gilmour added to that unique PF sound. I think David & Roger brought out the best (& possibly the worst) in each other...
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
Chester
More or less in line

#65529 3 years ago
mcolleen wrote:
Chester wrote:
I agree. Roger Waters is the voice of Pink Floyd. But David Gilmour is the guitar. I mean he has such a powerful unique style,
it's almost as recognizable as Rogers voice. I'm hoping they do a tour together, and soon. Thanks for the link too. : )

Agreed: ,Roger is the lyrical genius, but David Gilmour's guitar playing alone has moved me to tears, throw in his voice on underappreciated gems like 'Pillow of Winds' & 'Fearless', although it wasn't 'his band', Gilmour added to that unique PF sound. I think David & Roger brought out the best (& possibly the worst) in each other...

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. Davids guitar playing is incredible. And his voice is an integral part of their sound as well.
The first time I heard him do, Shine on you crazy diamond, or Comfortably numb live, just blew me away. There's
nothing like them. Before, or since. Amazing. I'm hoping for a collaberation soon.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Chester.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#65615 3 years ago
The second time I saw Roger do DSOTM I had ticksts by the side of the stage. The sound was really pristine and for once, I could hear his bass playing really clearly. He is so underrated in that respect. It wasn't flashy, in fact it was really understated. But in terms of making the songs more powerful, of underlining certain phrases and musical cues, it was absolutely perfect.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds