• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Waters bringing The Wall back to US

#65162 2 years, 11 months ago
according to him just now on Jimmy Fallon.... I think he's about to perform to.

this is good news to me cause when I seen the show last year I didn't get to
trippyface.gif
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Waters bringing The Wall back to US

#65163 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
according to him just now on Jimmy Fallon.... I think he's about to perform to.

this is good news to me cause when I seen the show last year I didn't get to
trippyface.gif

Did you see that? In the Flesh, with the Foo fighters! Fantastic. Yeah, I watched the interview too. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#65173 2 years, 11 months ago
yea that was cool, pissed I missed it last night though - was Nick Mason a guest last night (I think I heard that)
Chester
More or less in line

#65175 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
yea that was cool, pissed I missed it last night though - was Nick Mason a guest last night (I think I heard that)

No. Nick didn't play with the Shins last night. But they were very good. They played Breathe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#65229 2 years, 11 months ago
in the flesh wasgreat thedrummer was incredible .question wasit me or did it seem like rogers mike was "overdubbed" it sounded awfully close to the record and hes a lot older now ??????
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#65330 2 years, 11 months ago
Here's a link to in the flesh with the foo fighters. Really amazingly good both musically and vocally. Rogers voice is still so amazing. I hope you are right with the wall tour. The original one came when I was a freshman in high school, I knew very little about the group, so I wasn't interested. Boy do I wish I knew then what I knew now.

IMO Pink Floyd = Roger Waters (once Syd passed on). That voice is unique. No disrespect meant to Meson or Wright.

www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2...s-play-in-the-flesh/
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#65331 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
in the flesh wasgreat thedrummer was incredible .question wasit me or did it seem like rogers mike was "overdubbed" it sounded awfully close to the record and hes a lot older now ??????

Interesting, and I was amazed how well the foo fighters played the guitar parts. Could some of that have been dubbed. The voice sounds older to me, he's really singing in the flesh anyway.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#65332 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree. Roger Waters is the voice of Pink Floyd. But David Gilmour is the guitar. I mean he has such a powerful unique style,
it's almost as recognizable as Rogers voice. I'm hoping they do a tour together, and soon. Thanks for the link too. : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#65335 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

Interesting, and I was amazed how well the foo fighters played the guitar parts. Could some of that have been dubbed. The voice sounds older to me, he's really singing in the flesh anyway.

I'm going with the idea that, The Foo Fighters are one of the best sounding, most professional bands in the business today.
And Roger is still doing his tour, so his voice is strong, and in great shape. I'm going to listen again. : )
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#65353 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Here's a link to in the flesh with the foo fighters. Really amazingly good both musically and vocally. Rogers voice is still so amazing. I hope you are right with the wall tour. The original one came when I was a freshman in high school, I knew very little about the group, so I wasn't interested. Boy do I wish I knew then what I knew now.

IMO Pink Floyd = Roger Waters (once Syd passed on). That voice is unique. No disrespect meant to Meson or Wright.

www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2...s-play-in-the-flesh/

sorry man I gotta disagree that Pink Floyd = Roger Waters. Yes he wrote all the lyrics for there major albums and yes his voice is very unique and one of the main things that makes Floyds sound what it was. IMO David Gilmours voice is just as important in that sound - not only his guitar which it completly unique itself. Gilmours voice is a huge part of Pink Floyd, even if he didn't write a lot of the lyrics he sang. Gilmour sang a lot of stuff that quite frankly, Waters couldn't and wouldn't even try singing - its just not him. Even today Waters has somebody else sing most of Gilmours parts.

the reason they broke up is because Waters was trying to take so much control over the band and not letting the rest of them (especially Gilmour) have much say at all. The Final Cut could just about be considered a Waters solo album, with the rest of them as the backing band. IMHO Gilmour, Wright and Mason made 2 fantastic albums after all the drama and them carrying on without Waters, better then The Final Cut (which I still enjoy but its my least favorite Floyd album).

so basically the point I'm getting at is that David Gilmour is just as much a part of Floyd as Roger Waters is, regardless of him not being an original member, their sound wouldn't be the same without either one of them....

----and just for the record, (IMO again) the David Gilmour show I saw at Radio City blows anything Waters has done solo right off the map, including The Wall. Now don't take that the wrong way I love Waters shows, its just not even comparable to what I seen from Gilmour....
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds