• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

Re: Phish and Furthur co-billing in the future?

#8273 3 years, 4 months ago
the deadheads in lot would make a LOT of money and the Phish fans would see the best shows of their lives bc they would see Furthur, so I can SEE how it sounds compelling.... but I wouldn't go bc Furthur already sometimes brings a crowd that is often less than savory (drunk yuppies and their spoiled children really like to ruin shows by shoving thru, shouting lyrics off key, and just generally trying to enjoy themselves at the expense of every other person in the room- instead of just dancing & swirling in a specific area one has been at ALL NIGHT or respectfully dancing thru the crowd and continuing to move, and watching, listening and singing lyrics at a normal volume when it just can't help but burst thru) and there isn't space here to write how awful Phish crowds are... so yeah, good luck, but count me out
CinnamonGirl53
Junior Boarder

#8274 3 years, 4 months ago
Robert Hunter
*pict groover*
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#8275 3 years, 4 months ago
I would rather see Furthur and the Rhythm Devils with Keller Williams at Red Rocks for 5 nights.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#8321 3 years, 4 months ago
Possibly at a festival. But can Furthur draw 90,000 like is projected for Superball? I would have to say Phish would headline in that fantasy double-bill.
The thing I always get kind of sad about is that we never got to hear Jerry and Trey play together.
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

#8373 3 years, 4 months ago
So is Furthur going to be at the Watkins glen fest??? Cause if they are I am ALL IN!! i have never been to a phish show...I have never given them the time of day.. I am NOT A HATER though and I am open to Good music!! So i am sure that with a little friend named Alice D. by your side, Phish would be a good show Regardless...I Love the Grateful dead and I dont hate Phish. I just never listened to em. Would i be that disappointed????
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#8378 3 years, 4 months ago
^ Phish is good stuff. Certainly worth checking out. I always recommend to a Deadhead who's looking to listen to Phish for the first time to listen to the IT Festival. Lot of great jamming, and there are several times they sound pretty similar to something they Dead might be playing.

But no, Furthur will not be there. Watgins Glen is Phish's ninth Phish-only festival.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadahead
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#8379 3 years, 4 months ago
If Phish is expecting 90k for SuperBall at $200 per, they are mistaken. Now maybe if there are 40k in Volunteers and Comps.

I think they could do a couple of stadium gigs together on a weekend. Let Furthur Close Sat and Phish Sunday. I bet two nights of Citi Field, or New Meadowlands could do very very well.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#8409 3 years, 4 months ago
Dear BlueLightRain,

I agree that it would not be a good idea. Can I ask a favor though? Can we stop calling people "Wooks"? I am embarrassed for us when I see that term bantered about regarding our brothers and sisters...its stereotypical and dehumanizing. Stereotypes are boundary-building and restrictive, and don't take us furthur.

Peace, your friend Paige
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadahead, Mrs Deviled Egg
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#8421 3 years, 4 months ago
Phish drew 70,000 for Festival 8 and that was on the West Coast and they are an East Coast Band. I think 90,000 might be an underestimation, but I may be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#8428 3 years, 4 months ago
But there are wooks...they exist. I think it sounds more endearing than dirty, self centered, non-communal hippie. In the grans scheme of things, there are a group of grifters on the scene. I don't see it as wrong for identifying them as such.

The term wook has really help redefine the term hippie.

Should we not call some of the N20 mafia thugs? Is that demeaning...well yes, but if the shoe fits....
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#8430 3 years, 4 months ago
Fire Scarlet wrote:
Phish drew 70,000 for Festival 8 and that was on the West Coast and they are an East Coast Band. I think 90,000 might be an underestimation, but I may be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

The paid attendance was under 40k and closer to 35 for Festie 8. There will likely be 70,000 people there with staff, vendors etc..., but I will be very surprised if the actually paid number exceeds 55k
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#8433 3 years, 4 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I don't hate Phish, I just never understood how anyone could compare them to The Grateful Dead ~ they simply don't have the songs.

I might have been more willing to listen if I hadn't been bombarded with the comparisons. It was almost jammed down my throat, and when I said it didn't do much for me, I got accused of being old.

So, yeah, maybe I have a few resentments in there... ; )

To my ears Phish have a lot more to do with Zappa than the dead, JMHO anyway......
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by the highway terror.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds