• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

Re: No tix from GDTSTOO for MSG despite mailing first

#65623 2 years, 6 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
shakedownst wrote:
GDTS noted that it was 50% chance for MSG and Syracuse for those postmarked the first day. Total bummer. I'm awaiting the news myself (and am surprised that you've heard so soon).

Ticketbastard still has plenty of tix (at least when I just looked...in the 100s at least).

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that too. It sucks. A friend told me they increased the allotment of MSG tickets GDTSTOO got, obviously not enough. If ticketbasterd runs out, there will be MSG tickets for sale on secondary markets, just luck early for heads selling tickets on craigslist (or here). As it gets closer it's hit or miss.

I assume you followed all mail order "rules" - name of venue & # of tickets on outside of envelope, #10 envelopes (one self addressed, both with postage), (postal ?) money order, 3X5 index card and maybe most important...hand postmarked at the post office.

I only mention this because I have a friend who thought GDTSTOO had him on their shit list, but after the second rejection we realized he was not mailing per the instructions.

No I got the info right because I have done it many times before. thanks!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#65674 2 years, 6 months ago
they ll be planty available day of show
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#65682 2 years, 6 months ago
What was weird was GDTS put out an update on the 24th that said something to the effect regarding MSG of "good news, our allotment for MSG has been increased, and your chances are 90% if you mailed the 1st day"

Then a day later...it went back to 50%

Not sure what happened there, but it was weird. Personally I think they do a great job on a shoestring budget.

Here's hoping badly that I make the grade.

Jusdging by the 2k tickets crazily available on Stubhub and the like, patience will be a virtue.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#65700 2 years, 6 months ago
Cornjulio wrote:
What was weird was GDTS put out an update on the 24th that said something to the effect regarding MSG of "good news, our allotment for MSG has been increased, and your chances are 90% if you mailed the 1st day"

Then a day later...it went back to 50%

Not sure what happened there, but it was weird. Personally I think they do a great job on a shoestring budget.

Here's hoping badly that I make the grade.

Judging by the 2k tickets crazily available on Stubhub and the like, patience will be a virtue.

I always mail order the first day and this is the first time I struck out. and that raises questions?????

One has only to look at eBay, StubHub, and countless other sites and one finds COUNTLESS, COUNTLESS, MFing COUNTLESS TICKETS AVAILABLE!!!!!

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not blaming GDTS, Phil & Bob, of course not. But you wonder if there were a 50% shutout for those Mail Ordering for MSG then how many people does that make? Thousands??? Hundreds??? And yet their are COUNTLESS tickets up for RE-sale.

And, and, and, in some cases the RE-sellers of tickets don't even have the tickets in hand, but will ship them close to 'show date.'

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Why on earth did not real fans mail ordering on DAY ONE not get these RE-sale tickets?

What are the business dynamics of this situation?

Did Furthur get robbed blind in a bad deal by Ticketbastard?

I did read here somewhere that after tickets went on sale during one of the sales that the page remained closed, meaning you could not even search for tickets, for a full five minutes into the start of the sale.

A Mob scam??????

Or did GDTSTOO simply, and badly, 'misunderestimate' the mail order demand????

I would rather Bob and Phil charge more for their tickets and do what ever the hell they want with the money rather then give it to these MF's Re-selling them. I don't even mind paying more for a fan with extras. If a show is sold out and you have an extra, I will gladly buy a few over priced venue beers in addition to the face value and fees.

Forgive me, I just had to vent out loud.

God bless all here and Furthur.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by deadegad.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#65736 2 years, 6 months ago
deadeged,

I think GDTS gets x amount of tickets. They kind of have an idea of what the number will be... probably they are ultimately in the dark. You should be complaining to every level of government you can, if it really bothers you this much. I forget who owns ticketbastard, but basically there is one ticket service in this country just under different names. They have formed a monopoly and monopolies are illegal in this country. It would be very easy to set it up so that brokers pay for a "batman hotline" to simply buy tickets as they need them... and don't have to buy them like we have to buy them. Complaining to govt officials is the way to go.

Laws should be passed that resellers must have tickets in hand before advertising them. And they should be forced to provide a reciept as to where they got them. When buying a car, new or used from a dealer, at least in Cali, you have the right to demand to see the receipt for what they paid for the car. Why not here? We need to ensure that ticket brokers are operating under the same rules as we are- your experience shows it is clear they do not.

but it's not GDTS issue- probably few of the tickets from them end up scalped. IT's such a pain in the ass to do, your chances are poor, and if borkers haev an inside link to tickerts- why would they bother?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by lostsailor.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#65748 2 years, 6 months ago
Actually, GDTS amended their first announcement that only 50% were going to receive tickets on first postmark- their allotment was increased so they were able to fill orders for 90% of those that mailed in on the first day. (sorry). This does not take away from the really aggravating issue of scalping.... Which is one of the reasons mail order was started in the first place, right? GDTS should have a higher allotment for a single manhattan show from the start because the demand is so high. It won't stop the stub hub scalpers, but at least it would satisfy those who take the time, and $$ out of pocket to mail order. I know, contracts & bs but ya know??
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#66397 2 years, 6 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Actually, GDTS amended their first announcement that only 50% were going to receive tickets on first postmark- their allotment was increased so they were able to fill orders for 90% of those that mailed in on the first day. (sorry). This does not take away from the really aggravating issue of scalping.... Which is one of the reasons mail order was started in the first place, right? GDTS should have a higher allotment for a single manhattan show from the start because the demand is so high. It won't stop the stub hub scalpers, but at least it would satisfy those who take the time, and $$ out of pocket to mail order. I know, contracts & bs but ya know??

Is it 50% or 90%??? Because a poster "cornjulio?" 3 or 4 posts above says it was announced again as back down to 50%.

Either way I struck out but it was 90% fulfillment than boy I really struck-out!!!
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#66441 2 years, 6 months ago
Here's the update from today. I did see the 90% figure posted, but that's not what they have now.

Latest update 9/30/11

Furthur featuring: Phil Lesh * Bob Weir *
Jeff Chimenti * John Kadlecik * Joe Russo * Sunshine Becker * Jeff Pehrson will perform at the following shows:

Thursday, November 3, 2011 at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, NH. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. You have a 90% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next couple of weeks.

Friday, November 4, 2011 at the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland, ME. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. You have an 90% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next couple of weeks.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. You have a 90% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next couple of weeks.

Sunday, November 6, 2011 at the Mullins Center in Amherst, MA. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. Everyone who mailed in will get ticket. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Everyone who mailed in will get ticket. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY. Doors open at 6:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:30 PM. You have a 50% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Friday, November 11, 2011 at the OnCenter in Syracuse, NY. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. You have a 50% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ (The world’s playground). Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. You have a 90% chance for tickets. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, NY. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order and $69.50 via credit card. Everyone who sent in for this show will be filled. Press here for ticket prices . Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved and General Admission tickets are $60.00 via mail order and $65.00 via credit card. Everyone who sent in for this show will be filled. Press here for ticket prices. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at the Jerome Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH. Doors open at 5:30 PM. Showtime is at 7:00 PM. Reserved tickets are $54.50 via mail order and $59.50 via credit card. Everyone who sent in for this show will be filled. Press here for ticket prices. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Friday, November 18, 2011 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $64.50 via mail order and $69.50 via credit card. Everyone who sent in for this show will be filled. Press here for ticket prices. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Ticketing is in progress.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis, MO. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Reserved tickets are $67.50 via mail order and $72.50 via credit card. Everyone who sent in for this show will be filled. Press here for ticket prices. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

Monday, November 21, 2011 at the Murat Theatre @ Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Showtime is 7:30 PM. Press here for ticket prices. Everyone who sent in for ths show will be filled. Tickets will be processed in the next few weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Cornjulio.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#66447 2 years, 6 months ago
Oh, sorry~ didn't see that they switched it back... Guess there was a major miscalculation there, or maybe the additional allotment was pulled?
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#66690 2 years, 6 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Oh, sorry~ didn't see that they switched it back... Guess there was a major miscalculation there, or maybe the additional allotment was pulled?

I's like to poll opinions of this one so here are some questions:

1. Did GDTSTOO underestimate the mail in demand and that's why there was such a large shut-out?

2. The last announcement downgrading the odds to 50% was because of the underestimating or some corrupt TickeBastard/scalper/mob scheme?

3. Do you think GDTSTOO might have learned something from this or if there is a spring 2012 tour( large or limited runs) we're pretty much screwed again?

Thanks all.
Time to create page: 1.69 seconds