• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

No tix from GDTSTOO for MSG despite mailing first

#65087 2 years, 10 months ago
I mail ordered the first day for 2 tix to MSG on the first day of the Mail Order but they sent my money order back saying they don't have enough tickets. I always got tickets by mail ordering the first day so I was surprised, and disappointed.

Has anyone got tickets form the MSG box office by lining of the day of the show?

I have for other bands.

I hate the idea of buying from Ebay, Craig's or StubHub but I can't get shut out. Hell I live in NYC!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by deadegad.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

Re: No tix from GDTSTOO for MSG despite mailing first

#65094 2 years, 10 months ago
Sorry to hear that~ must have had a lot of people mailing in on the first postmark. It's a particularly tough ticket since it's the only date in Manhattan. Never tried to get tix day of... anyone else?
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by LBDowling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#65119 2 years, 10 months ago
GDTS noted that it was 50% chance for MSG and Syracuse for those postmarked the first day. Total bummer. I'm awaiting the news myself (and am surprised that you've heard so soon).

Ticketbastard still has plenty of tix (at least when I just looked...in the 100s at least).

Good luck!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#65131 2 years, 10 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Sorry to hear that~ must have had a lot of people mailing in on the first postmark. It's a particularly tough ticket since it's the only date in Manhattan. Never tried to get tix day of... anyone else?

I've never gone for day of show tix at MSG, but I have in Philly and I've had very good luck for Paul McCartney and Roger Waters doing The Wall.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#65324 2 years, 10 months ago
shakedownst wrote:
GDTS noted that it was 50% chance for MSG and Syracuse for those postmarked the first day. Total bummer. I'm awaiting the news myself (and am surprised that you've heard so soon).

Ticketbastard still has plenty of tix (at least when I just looked...in the 100s at least).

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that too. It sucks. A friend told me they increased the allotment of MSG tickets GDTSTOO got, obviously not enough. If ticketbasterd runs out, there will be MSG tickets for sale on secondary markets, just luck early for heads selling tickets on craigslist (or here). As it gets closer it's hit or miss.

I assume you followed all mail order "rules" - name of venue & # of tickets on outside of envelope, #10 envelopes (one self addressed, both with postage), (postal ?) money order, 3X5 index card and maybe most important...hand postmarked at the post office.

I only mention this because I have a friend who thought GDTSTOO had him on their shit list, but after the second rejection we realized he was not mailing per the instructions.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#65339 2 years, 10 months ago
that's crazy that the chances were only 50% even on the 1st mail in day...these were the only two shows i could make because of school, work, and being in NC...i planned on doing mail order but decided against it and opted for front gate presale i always thought it was a pretty high chance on the first mail in day these days but i guess not...good luck i hope you can find some good seats still, for face of course
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#65349 2 years, 10 months ago
I dont do mailorder since Ruby left.. its just not the same quality of service at all...
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad, dirty_wook
perry
Senior Boarder

#65350 2 years, 10 months ago
smaller alottment due to frontgate etc..

I stopped after getting shut out of RR last year. They did call me a few weeks later and say they had some extras, which i grabbed, but didn't expect that to happen again.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#65399 2 years, 10 months ago
For 2009 THE DEAD show at MSG, it was sold out and I was able to find 3 tixs for face... (there were tons of people hanging out looking for tixs too!) the rumor mills seems to be that they aren't even trying to sell the whole venue out, so I would think getting tixs through the various sites or even an extra in the lot will be easy as pie.... good luck
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#65412 2 years, 10 months ago
Last year, I found good tickets at face off Craigslist List a few days before. No problems, worked well.
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds