• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

Security!???

#64994 2 years, 11 months ago
Whats the deal with security at Red Rocks? A friend says at a music fest this summer cops stood along the exit and shinned bright flash lights into the eyes of drivers as they exited and if the drivers did'nt look just right they got pulled. No way Red Rocks will be that extreme right?
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

Re: Security!???

#65001 2 years, 11 months ago
Ive been to red rocks 5 times now, and never had any problems w/ security. Despite what i hear about the shakedown crackdowns at phish, I believe furthur does not want that kind of hassle for their fans, and most assuredly, red rocks does not want to hit anyone that hard. Cracking down on vending is one thing, random traffic stops are quite another. After the show, there are too many people leaving from too many exits to even attempt something like that. That being said, a designated driver is never a bad idea, anywhere you go. Be safe, cautious, even paranoid if nessecary. all are better than carelessness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#65013 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the info.. Just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after me, right?
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

#65060 2 years, 11 months ago
for sure. only the paranoid survive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#65213 2 years, 11 months ago
AS Hunter Thompson once said 'There's no such thing as paranoia, it's always worse than you think'
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
perry
Senior Boarder

#65226 2 years, 11 months ago
The cops are more concerned about directing traffic out of there, the north entrance bottlenecks, heading out the Morrison way is easier.

DD always a good idea, the roads at RR twist and turn so I'll guess you figure out before the highway whether you can pull it off.

The cops WILL kick you out of the lot a 1/2 hour or so after the show, but otherwise are a non presence.

security going in: standard search...
stranger_ones
Fresh Boarder

#65227 2 years, 11 months ago
is it easy to get a cab from Red Rocks?
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#65232 2 years, 11 months ago
no cabs are at red rocks, to far from dwntwn. best bet it to catch a ride from friends
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#65265 2 years, 11 months ago
UnlimitedDevotee wrote:
for sure. only the paranoid survive.

"Ain't no luck, I've learned to duck!"
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#65269 2 years, 11 months ago
no worries, they are just going to do whatever they can to get you off of their property as fast as they can, my only red rocks experience were the 3 nights last year and i had zero problems, as well as everyone else i know...just watch out for vending police if you are infringing copyrights
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds