• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

Tips and suggestions for Red Rocks...

#64977 2 years, 11 months ago
Thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted to tips for Red Rocks. Seems there are quite a few of us who haven't been in years, or ever. Heres a few I've heard:

*Bring your own bottle cap if you plan to buy a drink. Seems they keep all the caps at point of sale due to folks throwing them around.
*Check out the museum. I hear they have many old photos of the Dead from over the years.
UnlimitedDevotee
Junior Boarder

Re: Tips and suggestions for Red Rocks...

#65081 2 years, 11 months ago
find the right lot, remember theres like six of them and only one is usually shakin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by it's own design.
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, Im done with mine.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by UnlimitedDevotee.
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#65161 2 years, 11 months ago
I believe it's the lower south lots that are shakin'...that's where I was last year and plan on parking/hanging this year.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by franklinstower.
littlequeenbee
Fresh Boarder

#65243 2 years, 11 months ago
the key is to REMEMBER which lot you parked in. it's wise to wear shoes with treads. the vodka lemonades rock.
perry
Senior Boarder

#65255 2 years, 11 months ago
From one of the other 20 threads on RR info:

Must hike: Trading Post Hike, 1 1/2 miles, worth it for out of towners (or any of the other front range Jeffco hikes nearby: with RR Views: Matthew Winters, Mt Falcon, Dakota Ridge co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R108.htm )

Morrison Inn back deck for Mexican and margs pre-show
Regal Ride
Fresh Boarder

#65308 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, the South Lot is the taligater party lot and you don't even have to have a car to join the party!
Another tip is to look at the driveway of the lot you park in and note that it will be either the South Lot A or B or the North upper lot or the North lower lot, etc. The environment changes once it gets dark and many, many folks have found themselves walking all the way down one mountain, only to discover their car is back up the same mountain and down yet a different mountain. Thus they walk down the mountain and oh no! The car is not at the bottom of that mountain either. Remember that there are 7 lots there. The lot name and number is by the driveway-write it down and someone will be able to help you find it.
The charge $12.00 for a glass of beer and stop selling it early!
They do not allow you to bring any bottles or cans into the concert. They usually only take your drinks away. No searches unless you are way too loaded!
It gets pretty cold after the sun goes down (at least 10-15 degrees) and you will be sitting on concrete seats. A cushion is a very nice thing as is a small blanket. Bring rain slickers for the short downpours that can occur-just in case.

Call Regal Ride if you need a nice ride there and back. 303-935-5543

www.regalridellc.com
Regal Ride
Fresh Boarder

#65310 2 years, 11 months ago
One more thing for those of you that have never been to Red Rocks. It is a very beautiful outdoors place with a nice view of parts of Denver both day and night. Keep your eyes peeled for deer as there is a family of them up there.

Stay safe, enjoy the concert and ride with Regal Ride, your Designated Driver for all your concert events.

www.regalridellc.com
whatdah
Junior Boarder

#65319 2 years, 11 months ago
If memory serves you can bring in unsealed non-alcoholic plastic bottles. no glass, no cans.
They will on occasion do pat-downs at the gate. When the Dead played in '04 or '05 I was asked about a small budge in the pants. I told them it was my cross to bear, that it was really a personal issue I had to deal with and I was "OK" with it. Security said, "no, I mean what's in your pocket". Dude took my vial and beautiful piece of glass.

On the Shakedown scene, it is really pretty meager compared to other shows I've seen. Dispersed parking is a big reason why, but even in the south lot there is not a whole lot going on.
Don't shake the tree if the fruit ain't ripe
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by whatdah. Reason: adding comment on shakedown
perry
Senior Boarder

#65322 2 years, 11 months ago
Beers are more @ 7 bucks

From www.redrocksonline.com/ which really will answer most of your q's:

What can I bring into the Amphitheatre for a concert?
• Non-alcoholic beverages in factory sealed and labeled plastic containers
• Coolers 12" x 17" and smaller (must fit under designated seat)
• Cloth bags, soft packs Pillows Backrests Rain coats or ponchos
• Food (fruit or vegetables must be sliced)
• Binoculars
• Seat cushions or soft-sided stadium seats
• Umbrellas (as small as possible and without points) - Ponchos are much preferred!
• Strollers (folding umbrella style ONLY)
ALL items must be able to fit underneath your seat.

Prohibited Items
• Unsealed plastic containers (i.e. water bottles) Thermoses, bota bags or wine skins
• Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
• Glass bottles or aluminum cans
• Laser pointers (will be confiscated & patron is subject to ejection)
• Ice chest sized coolers larger than 12" x 17"
• Recording devices (audio, video or cameras as restricted by show)
• Any weapon or item construed as a weapon such as guns, knives, sticks, fireworks or firearms
• Bullhorns or noise makers
• Framed backpacks
• Lawn chairs
• Grills
• Confetti
• Animals (except guide dogs)
• Skateboards or in-line skates
• Chains or jewelry with spiked edges
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds