• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Me2
Fresh Boarder
Its Time to Matter...

WAR or PEACE? ....its up to You.

#6464 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey all.

Just wanted to give a heads up on a Global Event / Celebration that will be taking place this summer on August 14th. Some of you may be familiar from last year..... the event is Peace Day 8-14. This Event will be taking place all over the World simultaneously. You dont have to be in a specific place at a specific time to participate. We started this event last year, and had thousands of participants from all over the World join us. We hope to grow much larger this year....and with your help we can make that happen.

The purpose of the day is very simple. It is a day for the entire population of the World to Serve and Celebrate Peace.
To participate we are encouraging members to commit an act (or multiple acts) of charity in the days leading up to (and including) 8/14. These acts may be as big or small as you wish. As long as the act in question helps another person in need, it will be considered worthy service. By taking this simple action we will be Serving Peace.....Think of it as, "Strangers stopping Strangers just to lend a hand".

The second part of the day is Celebration. This should speak for itself In this part of the day we are simply encouraging participants to Celebrate our collective effort in any way they see fit. These Celebrations may be as big or as small as you wish. You may wish to gather together with friends or family and have a small get-together at your home. Or Individuals may choose to organize larger Celebrations that are open to the public. Chances are there is a public space very close to you where such a gathering may take place. There are no rules....just Celebrate!! Make it happen.

Here is our main Event link:
www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174796469233 338

THE MOST COMMON QUESTION/STATEMENT WE HEAR IS:

"Why cant everyday be like This"?.....or, "I live my life like everyday is Peace Day".

We agree 100% with these sentiments. Everyday should indeed be Peace Day, and for many of us the service and celebration of Peace is certainly not a special occasion. We recognize this fact.

However the point of this day is to harness the uniquely powerful positive energy that is created when large groups of people make the decision to come together. It is our belief that this energy is one of the most powerful forces in the Universe. This energy may be related to what Dead Heads often refer to as, "IT"....or the "X-factor".....during a show. It's that feeling of profound connection to everything and everyone around you during those peak moments of a show. Those moments that are just beyond words. The moments that give you goosebumps. Those moments of Love and Clarity that have essentially brought us all to this very place right now.

We do not believe that Energy is exclusive to Dead shows. We believe that Energy is all around us, and may actually be amplified on a much larger scale....all over the World.....if enough people made the conscious decision and effort to come together....for a common positive cause. If we gathered together all over the World to Serve and Celebrate the power of Peace we could shine light into some of the darkest corners, and hopefully warm some of the coldest hearts. We could literally help millions of people in need, and we could have a heck of a good time doing it. We could perhaps extend that, "IT" feeling across the entire planet. With your help we can make that happen.

The primary method by which we are spreading word of this Event is through the use of social networks, and the Internet in general. We have a primary facebook event page included in this post. Recent global events have clearly demonstrated the power of this medium to effect World events. We are all connected now We encourage all of you to please visit the Link provided here....and click, "Attending".....and then perhaps most importantly please invite all of your friends to join us as well!

There is no limit to how large this Event may get. The bigger it gets the more positive the results will be. But we need your help getting the word out! The shape this day takes will be yours to choose...This could be an opportunity for us to Lead our so called leaders. If you are not satisfied with the status quo...then speak up, and speak with us....when we speak with One voice....we will be heard, and they will follow You. War or Peace.....Its up to You.

Please dont hesitate to post any comments or questions here!

And please dont let this thread drop!!!! When in doubt Bump it!!

Thanks!!!

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174796469233 338
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Keats
Me2
Fresh Boarder
Its Time to Matter...

Re: WAR or PEACE? ....its up to You.

#6465 3 years, 5 months ago
The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men and women who can dream of things that never were. - John Keats
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Me2.
Me2
Fresh Boarder
Its Time to Matter...

#6468 3 years, 5 months ago
Not sure why the links didnt work the first time....but the link above should work
Lynx
Visitor

#6469 3 years, 5 months ago
Thanks Me2 this sounds great. I would love to participate but Aug 14th?!?! I'll definitely need a reminder. August seems like an eternity away right now... what with another snowstorm bearing down on the northeast right now and all! But yeah it's a great idea and congrats on getting a good thing like this going!
Me2
Fresh Boarder
Its Time to Matter...

#6472 3 years, 5 months ago
Cool deal Lynx. It does seem like a long ways off...but it will actually be here before you know it. Thankfully....With plenty of warm weather too...Plus we really want to give people enough time to kind of start putting together plans.

If you are on FB....and you join the Event on our Event page....I think FB will remind you of it. If it helps it is also the last day of the, "Outside Lands" festival this year.

Thanks again!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds