• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

Re: How do you keep from losing your shit at a show?

#64809 2 years, 12 months ago
First of all minimize. How much shit do you need to carry really? Ticket, ID, cash, car key, supplies. Done. Use a piece of string to tie key to belt loop so there is no way it can be lost and the worst habit in the world is constantly 'checking' shit by pulling hands in and out of pockets. Cargo shorts for sure. Forget the fanny packs, please. They are beyond lame.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#64814 2 years, 12 months ago
Definately minimal stuff....just the bare necessities, keys, cash, cell, credit card for any unexpected large purchases or emergencies all in a light weight cinch sack backpack. I like the backpack cause then my pants don't feel heavy and i can always put it down at my feet if i feel like it.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#64818 2 years, 12 months ago
Brownbeards wrote:
go to www.zumiez.com and search for baja bags guatemalan fanny pack. tons there to choose from.

I love you I love you I love you - in the manly / brotherly sense of course. Thank you so much! Maybe I will go home with ALL my stuff next show.

Now I just have to hope nobody steals my sweatshirt or jacket.....
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#64820 2 years, 12 months ago
I remember, back in the day, life seemed simpler. I would go in with my ticket, and a 20 dollar bill, wrapped around my ID.
Seemed like the more I took, the more I could lose. Maybe a small stash in my shoe. That was it. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#64821 2 years, 12 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
First of all minimize. How much shit do you need to carry really? Ticket, ID, cash, car key, supplies. Done. Use a piece of string to tie key to belt loop so there is no way it can be lost and the worst habit in the world is constantly 'checking' shit by pulling hands in and out of pockets. Cargo shorts for sure. Forget the fanny packs, please. They are beyond lame.

I do't give a hoot if it looks lame, I need functional. I do lose a lot of shit at shows, usually small bags of smokeables. And I try to minimize. But I need my car keys (with the stupid alarm thing, my cellphone (guess I don't need), a very small wallet with drivers license, credit cards some cash and my ticket, a one hitter, smokables to put in the one hitter, a couple of lighters (always lose one), a snack if I remember and that's about it. And my ticket of course, it all adds to bulk.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
Chester
More or less in line

#64822 2 years, 12 months ago
Yeah, I guess I brought a car key too. Nowadays, it seems like I need more things, but I still try and keep it simple.
I'm the same way with stuff.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64823 2 years, 12 months ago
I try to keep it simple but somehow my pockets are always stuffed. keys, phone, money, id/debit card, gum for cottonmouth, lighter, my smoking device and small bag (not in my pockets until I get past security), ticket. Then if its GA I got the water bottles in my back pockets.
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#64828 2 years, 12 months ago
Cargo pants is the way to go . just think you get 6 pockets!! Anyone know the liquids situation at Red rocks. Can you take water bottles in ? only a certain number>? Place to refill them ? Any help would be appreciated : D
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#64830 2 years, 12 months ago
St.Stephenhead wrote:
Cargo pants is the way to go . just think you get 6 pockets!! Anyone know the liquids situation at Red rocks. Can you take water bottles in ? only a certain number>? Place to refill them ? Any help would be appreciated : D

You cannot bring in any containers of water. I usually buy a bottled water, + then keep refilling them.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#64861 2 years, 12 months ago
My rule of thumb is don't take in what you can't afford to lose.

I think there's a Hunter lyric in there somewhere.

Of course you need some cash and car keys, but I often will leave my wallet in the trunk with the credit cards and just take in my id. And I usually where shit clothes, like a beat up sweatshirt when it's cold also my back up sneakers that I use to mow the lawn. I don't carry a cellphone, so I guess I would if I needed to meet friends, but not otherwise.

These were rules I developed to keep my shit when I used to lose my shit at shows in the other manner, ....but they are still good ones to live by.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RainandSnow
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds