• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Predictions for Missoula tonight

#64559 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm thinking an Alligator to open, and we're due for Terrapin, Scarlet and a Brokedown encore. Though given the location, perhaps a lot of mountain references, too.

My other prediction is that some kind soul will volunteer to start a set list thread tonight, and will then have the eternal appreciation of the entire forum! ; )
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Predictions for Missoula tonight

#64564 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I'm thinking an Alligator to open, and we're due for Terrapin, Scarlet and a Brokedown encore. Though given the location, perhaps a lot of mountain references, too.

My other prediction is that some kind soul will volunteer to start a set list thread tonight, and will then have the eternal appreciation of the entire forum! ; )

The will open with Hotel California just for you Sue!!!! LMAO!!!!

For those of you who do not know, SS gives a big "ICK" for Hotel California.

I think they will play songs form the 74 show. specifically

WRS
Big River
Scarlet>Fire
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#64565 2 years, 10 months ago
i'm surprised viola hasn't surfaced yet so i would anticipate that tonight or tomorrow
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#64567 2 years, 10 months ago
And it's a big, big ICK, too, New Yawker! I'm afraid of those Californnia LA Greek shows, very afraid! I mean, after Hotel California, what's to stop them from moving right into disco! I can see it now, Phil sings Jive Talkin' and Bob takes the lead on Stayin' Alive!! ; )
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#64568 2 years, 10 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
I heard he's going to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

You know, someone was calling for a Zappa cover the other day, and I think Stranger might have just pointed out the logical breakout song for tonight! : )
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64570 2 years, 10 months ago
I think they're saving Brokedown for the last night at Red Rocks. Maybe High On A Mountain first set somewhere, due for a Bird Song soon, maybe another bust out - Lazy Lightning is definitly do especially since supplication has been played (not this tour). Songs like Scarlet/Fire that they like to play a few times during the tour usually get played at the begining so theres room to bust them out again down the road. I'm thinking at one of the Cali shows they'll bust out Hotel California, which I may be one of the only ones who feels this way but I think it'd be pretty darn cool to see that. Regardless of how much its been over played and how it might not be Dead like at all but its still a great song and something totally different for them to try out.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#64571 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
And it's a big, big ICK, too, New Yawker! I'm afraid of those Californnia LA Greek shows, very afraid! I mean, after Hotel California, what's to stop them from moving right into disco! I can see it now, Phil sings Jive Talkin' and Bob takes the lead on Stayin' Alive!! ; )

SS, There is somethign about the dead covering a song. It gives it credibility. When I head them do 'Nothing else matters' from Metallica it presented it in another grove for me.

Maybe they will do Freebird!!!!!

As an asde, I will take HC over walkin blues or day job any day of the week!!!! I would be psyched for them to do it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by newyawker.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#64572 2 years, 10 months ago
To lay me down!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#64574 2 years, 10 months ago
ANyway, after teasing SS. I am predicting a Country show.

Big River
El Paso
Jack a Roe

How about a Sugar Mag opener?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64575 2 years, 10 months ago
that reminds me at Radio City some guy was yelling out Freebird.... I felt the same way when I heard that Nothing Else Matters as well - though I heard recording not live - not a Metalica fan but I actually thought it was one of the best songs I heard Warren do with The Dead, vocal wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds