• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

So FurtherFlower67, How was Eugene?

#64514 2 years, 11 months ago
Please, let us know what was happening.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: So FurtherFlower76, How was Eugene?

#64517 2 years, 11 months ago
I believe you transposed your numbers,it's FurthurFlower67 LOL.I'm sure she will fill us in after she has rested up from the weekend
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#64518 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64523 2 years, 11 months ago
there are some reviews in the 'show review' section, including hers
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#64699 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks guys, but I was hoping to hear from her.

I was hoping to hear about the lot scene etc.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ossumpei.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#64723 2 years, 11 months ago
Hi Ossu!!!!

Eugene was amazing! Lots of interesting art all thru the city! Stores, buildings, bridges lit up with different colored rope lights for miles! A giant lit up peace sign on the side of the highway! The city was so perfect a quite lil town! Wish I had a bike I could have ridden around town like everyone else! The mountains were amazing! You could smell the sugar from the trees as you drove through them! It smelled so good! We had great weather! It was a little warm Friday night. But Saturday was a bit cooler with a nice breeze that seemed to coordinate so well with the music! And Sunday there was rain but stopped by 3 just in time to get the final party started! Real chilly Sunday night but nothing a lil dancing couldn't do to warm you up!

The shows were amazing!!!! A lot more funkier, a lot more trippy, spacey! They were just out there! I don't know if that's because they have been practicing some new things or if they were just in their natural element up there in Eugene! The crowd was a bit more mellower the cheering didn't seem to be so loud. I was wondering if everyone was enjoying themselves like I was lol.

Sunday's show was my favorite of the three. And the saddest. I didn't want to leave! There is something in the air in Oregon and it defiantly gave me a high. May it was the higher altitude the St. Stephen was amazing! The Mountain Song was so heavy I had to take a breather to make sure I was still sane! And the We Bid You Good night just made me speechless. Also enjoyed the Nor Do I with John on vocals into the Just a Little Light. John nailed them both!

Saturday was probably 2nd favorite. They were a little bit more warmed up then the first night. The Casey Jones was un-freaking real! They sped it up so fast!!!! Catfish John was a nice surprise! And loved the Dark Star in the second set. The estimated Prophet really got things going there in the second set. Caution was amazing I was riding the train!!! The eyes was so beautiful! And Black Peter was incredible! A nice bluesy twist to it! A

The first night was good. It was a bit of a warm up for them. The Cassidy was real trippy! When they started the jamming they were all gearing up for a major closing to end the first set. It was intense!!! Strawberry Fields was real good! I loved the way they jammed into it! And the help Slipknot franklins was great! One of my favorites for sure!

Every night they forgot some lyrics but really made up for it with their playing! Never missing a note! so glad I got to experience the shows! For sure go back if it's in the cards! Hoping for some NYE dates to make it out west again!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, brokenarrow, funky420, Terrapin Sedation, SunshineSue
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#64727 2 years, 11 months ago
O yea and as for the lot scene....

We got there Wednesday night went to the park to see if anything was happening yet. A few RVs were there camping out. Thursday we went back a bigger crowd no booths set up or anything but scored what we were looking for Then we arrived Friday. A few booths set up but nothing too much going on. But I guess that's when the cops tried to shut things down. Didn't happen anyways. Saturday and Sunday there were more booths set up. And after the shows everyone was on the bridge trying to sell you their stuff. There were cops guarding all corners of the park and riding on bikes but I didn't seem them trying to shut down anything...

Was trying to look for the bus but couldn't be found. Then read about what was going on Sunday and figured it all out.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#64741 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks, I was wondering how things were outside of the show. We forget that its a bit more north than us, so its not to surprising to hear of a chill.

I really enjoyed myself the last time I was there. Like you said, something about it.

Seems like vending went OK, without to many problems.

Did you bring any shirts to sell? I was hoping to commission you to make a couple for me , really big, like 3x. I can buy them at the show here. You will sell quite a few of that size if you make them. Trust me, its hard to find that size, and there are a lot of us around wanting them.

Thanks for the show review. For me, the scene review is equally interesting, in Eugene especially.

Going to any shows before Ohio?

Oh yeah, KDHX pledge drive is this weekend, and next. I need to get on the ball and post my availability. Can't this week though, got free tickets to Rock and Cholesterol. I'm not to thrilled, but my sweetie wants to go, so what the heck.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#64748 2 years, 11 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Thanks, I was wondering how things were outside of the show. We forget that its a bit more north than us, so its not to surprising to hear of a chill.

I really enjoyed myself the last time I was there. Like you said, something about it.

Seems like vending went OK, without to many problems.

Did you bring any shirts to sell? I was hoping to commission you to make a couple for me , really big, like 3x. I can buy them at the show here. You will sell quite a few of that size if you make them. Trust me, its hard to find that size, and there are a lot of us around wanting them.

Thanks for the show review. For me, the scene review is equally interesting, in Eugene especially.

Going to any shows before Ohio?

Oh yeah, KDHX pledge drive is this weekend, and next. I need to get on the ball and post my availability. Can't this week though, got free tickets to Rock and Cholesterol. I'm not to thrilled, but my sweetie wants to go, so what the heck.

I didn't bring any dyes to sell. I thought I was going to but I only brought one suitcase. And with me being a girl I needed two outfits a day! Sometimes three LOL. The max weight at the airport before extra charges is 50lbs. My suitcase was 49 lbs. Barely made it! But my friend Sean who went with me rocked one of my tie dyes each night at the show! So the energy was still there being put out!

I'd be more than happy to make you a few shirts! And if you want them before the Furthur shows I can get them to ya!

Idk if I'm going to be seeing anything else around town before Furthur. They are really all I'm looking forward too. Really considering hitting some more November dates like Chicago and Indy if I can locate a ticket lol.

I forgot to sign up to for KDHX but I'm sure it will be fine if we do it late!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#64749 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm going to for sure have some dyes set up in St. Louis! I needed my gear like a canopy to display my tapestries and a rack to hold shirts and stuff. Table and chairs. But I hope to be the brightest booth there
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds