• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

fall gardening plans?

#64419 2 years, 10 months ago
I will be replacing my marigolds with mums and adding more hollyhock and persian shields. Pictures will be posted as this is done.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: fall gardening plans?

#64423 2 years, 10 months ago
nice i started turnip seeds indoors they are readyfor outsidenow ,alsoo gonnado garlic 3 varities, pumpkinseeds didnt sprout i got lotsof cuke flowers and more peppers coming in after the first harvest also planted some parsly plugs indoors thinking of puttig in berries so they pop in the spring still getting lots of maters too.all my flowers went to seed so i strippedand replanted them in hopes of a spring bloom ,wildflowers,morning glories and petunias
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#64434 2 years, 10 months ago
My hollyhock is huge and multiplying. There are babies sprouting up all over and I am glad about that. My persian shields have really taken off like a shot too. I am going to put a line of shields along the back of the garden instead of regular shrubs so when my azaelas bloom in the spring they will be against a background of bright purple. I got a large burgundy mum, a large purple and a large yellow for across the front of the bed and I am going to put more hollyhock that is light purple inbetween. the tuber lillys should spread far and wide next spring. I am very much looking forward to next spring. I can't grow food here . You are lucky.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#64465 2 years, 10 months ago
Fall Garden plans? Got my tickets a few days ago.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64468 2 years, 10 months ago
PennsylvaniaPete wrote:
Fall Garden plans? Got my tickets a few days ago.

just got mine today!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#64497 2 years, 10 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
My hollyhock is huge and multiplying. There are babies sprouting up all over and I am glad about that. My persian shields have really taken off like a shot too. I am going to put a line of shields along the back of the garden instead of regular shrubs so when my azaelas bloom in the spring they will be against a background of bright purple. I got a large burgundy mum, a large purple and a large yellow for across the front of the bed and I am going to put more hollyhock that is light purple inbetween. the tuber lillys should spread far and wide next spring. I am very much looking forward to next spring. I can't grow food here . You are lucky.
i ll tradeya some maters and taters for some hollyhocks persian shields where r ya in NJ?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#64531 2 years, 10 months ago
Here in our part of hardiness zone 6b we stand a good chance of getting our first frost this weekend
Sill harvesting small amounts of blueberries, strawberries, and tomatoes. We'll try growing some various lettuces in a raised bed after returning from Red Rocks. Our growing season is never long enough but it's always worth waiting around for.
Good luck with your fall gardening.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds