• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Reuben And Cherise

#64281 2 years, 11 months ago
Definitely the best version the Dead played (they only played it four times in '91.) Jerry's jamming on the last three minutes is so smooth and sweet. And I love how Vince played his synthesizer at the end.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Reuben And Cherise

#64303 2 years, 11 months ago
I went to this show, it was my 26th birthday. We stayed at the hotel right across the street from the concert. After the show I remember riding the up and down the hotel elevator, there was a party on every floor. Good times!
St.Stephenhead
Gold Boarder
Empty bottles that can't be filled

#64328 2 years, 11 months ago
They only played it four times TOTAL . not just in 91 : D thats why its such a special song
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#64353 2 years, 11 months ago
Agreed. This R&C is tasty indeed. For those who need to hear the rest of the show, there is a crispy version on archive:

www.archive.org/details/gd91-04-07.sbd.n...guson.476.sbeok.shnf

All in all a good show although Crazy Fingers was close to a trainwreck.....love me some 91 GD. To me, Hornsby is resonsible for this being a Phoenix year for the boys after the loss of Brent and before Vince's sound was too out-front.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Wobbling Cloud
Fresh Boarder

#64549 2 years, 11 months ago
Furthur played it in Orlando in 2010. The crowd went nuts.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#64563 2 years, 11 months ago
Wobbling Cloud wrote:
Furthur played it in Orlando in 2010. The crowd went nuts.

I was at that show. At first I thought it sounded like they were gonna play The Harder They Come. When I realized it was Reuben And Cherise I was one of the many who went nuts, but it seemed like some of the people around me didn't recognize the song. Although Robert Hunter wrote it for the Dead it's mainly associated as a Jerry Band tune, and a lot of Heads aren't as familiar with his solo stuff (unfortunately.) It was definitely the highlight of the show for me. And the fact they went into a kickass Deep Elem Blues afterwards made the moment that much better!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#64573 2 years, 11 months ago
Furthur sound checked a sweet Reuben the night before in Miami. We were dancing in the parking lot. When they didn't play it that night I new we would hear it the next in Orlando. I like the Miami show better than Orlando. It was my first time seeing Furthur outdoors. It was surreal being surrounded by all the buildings.

Miami.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#64582 2 years, 11 months ago
nice picture that looks like a great place to see them! - looks like it was raining though ? (people with rain coats on....)

I seen them do it once in Wallingford this march, followed by the Dark Hollow bust out, and I was front row right dead center - that was a hell of a night...

Furthur has played it 15 times
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#64588 2 years, 11 months ago
Here's a shot of the Hard Rock in Orlando. I'm the little orange speck with my back to the camera at the bottom.

20100206_01-marquee.jpg

ME!!!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#64596 2 years, 11 months ago
I will definitely go see them again in Miami if they return. The show wasn’t sold out so you could buy a lawn seat the day of the show. Parking was less than 100 feet from the venue and there was a CVS across the street with cold beer and cheap rain ponchos. The Miami police were very friendly and just looked the other way. The rain was off and on but I didn’t mind the extra liquid.

MushroomMan wrote:
nice picture that looks like a great place to see them! - looks like it was raining though ? (people with rain coats on....)

I seen them do it once in Wallingford this march, followed by the Dark Hollow bust out, and I was front row right dead center - that was a hell of a night...

Furthur has played it 15 times
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds