• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
merrypranks
Fresh Boarder

This is Zane Kesey, I need to clear some stuff up

#64186 2 years, 7 months ago
I need to clear a lot up.

First I am not at all part of Kesey Enterprises, it's my cousin Kit Kesey that runs the venue, I only go to one or two shows a year there. I am the caretaker of the Furthur bus and sometimes bring it to shows where I vend next to the bus to pay it's huge expenses and to watch over it while in the lot. I love the shakedown street vibe and all my friends there. I was told that "after a meeting with the band there was going to be a crackdown on vending with cops giving tickets". Kit arraigned for me and the bus to have a spot inside to vend with the bus...cool huh! I was told Thursday that the band's manager had said "no" to me vending as they own the rights to inside merch. I posted a warning to my vendor friends on FB about the upcoming vendor crackdown. I thought this was maybe a new band policy, I was wrong! Kit called and asked me to remove the statement. I asked if I should post an apology, Kit said no, not yet, he hoped to collaborate on that. I should have stated right away that it was not the band that stopped shakedown street as soon as I heard. This has caused pain to Kesey Enterprises and the Furthur Band. I am sorry!

This band is the real deal. They are the worth every penny and more. They are the only band I care about. I am sorry this went so viral.

As for them saying no to me vending inside...it is their right.

Can we all get along now? I hope shakedown is perfect at the next show.

Zane
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: This is Zane Kesey, I need to clear some stuff

#64187 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the Forum

Hope this works out well for everyone
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: This is Zane Kesey, I need to clear some stuff up

#64188 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the forum and thanks for clearing up the confusion. Hopefully your cuz has the balls to tell us why he did what he did by involving the police. Most likley it was greed on his part and if so maybe if the thunder dont get him the lightning will.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#64191 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks and welcome. Hope you'll stick around.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#64193 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#64198 2 years, 7 months ago
Hey Zane....all is well from my perspective. Just a misunderstanding
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#64200 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome, now everyone can let this drama die down a little.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#64201 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum.

Thanks for clearing up a lot of things about this weekend. The fact that you're cousins, and not working together, makes a big difference. Many people assumed that you both worked to keep outside vending from happening at the shows. We all know what a big part of the scene it is, and how important it is for so many people. I don't vend, but I love the fact that its there, and always try to get some souvenir. I love that.

Do you know if there will be any explanation from the people managing the venue as to why there was the issue with vending? Hopefully they can clear up the whole situation by letting us know who and why there was a crackdown on outside vending.

Its nice to hear that you're not involved in that whole decision with the vending. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

Now it would be nice to hear from the venue management, Kit, and find out why there was an issue in the first place.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#64202 2 years, 7 months ago
Thank you Zane....
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#64206 2 years, 7 months ago
glad you cleared that up!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds