• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: NO VENDING.. Is this the NEW SCENE? Please advize?

#64481 3 years ago
in 1995 vendors as well as ALOT of people coming with no ticket/money/food/etc. and getting the band banned from venues.
i hope furthurs scene never gets that blown up. as a fan of the music and someone who likes shakedown street, i feel hypcritical at times saying this vender is not hurting the scene but this one is.
that said people who show to make money and not see the concert, are lame. its a fun vaction as in

"take a vacation, fall on out for awhile..." dosnt say "take a vacation, turn it into a lifestyle..."
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64492 3 years ago
I dont agree.. it never got to weird for me.. I say push the envelope... I would love for it to be out of control like 87-95... push the limit.. thats grateful dead... if we disrupt the ecology of what ever local community... goood.. otherwise life is boaring... There is a sence that people over think all the sensative stuff.. boooooooooooo.. come on... puddle yourself... Its the grateful dead....... anti -authoritarian...... resiliant...... survivors.. professional concert goers.... All the things that you think someone should do......NOT GRATEFUL DEAD... Do what you do..... Fly the freak flag.. carry the tourch.... HIGH STEP INTO TOWN.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyties, Sharicee
Don McGurrin
Fresh Boarder

#64520 3 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
in 1995 vendors as well as ALOT of people coming with no ticket/money/food/etc. and getting the band banned from venues.
i hope furthurs scene never gets that blown up. as a fan of the music and someone who likes shakedown street, i feel hypcritical at times saying this vender is not hurting the scene but this one is.
that said people who show to make money and not see the concert, are lame. its a fun vaction as in

"take a vacation, fall on out for awhile..." dosnt say "take a vacation, turn it into a lifestyle..."

You should have been going to shows in 1987 when the same thing was going on.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64522 3 years ago
Thats what Im saying
skyties
Junior Boarder

#64535 3 years ago
We'll see....... I don't think they'll stop the vending scene at every show. East coast will be hit or miss, kinda like usual. Nothin' wrong with stealth vending.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64538 3 years ago
"Stealth" or what I call "COMMANDO" Vending is the tap root of being a dead head.... You gotta love it.. comming into a town.. make some loot... see a show.. it doest get any better then that.....
skyties
Junior Boarder

#64539 3 years ago
That's what I'm sayin'. It just slightly changes the game that's all.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64541 3 years ago
I had to miss up to Salt Lake because my mom had an anurism.... Ill be back in the game Red Rocks ON.. It just seems with all the smart phones in this day and age we should be more connected... Dead heads need to get current... AND help a Brother out.... If we cant be there its still nice to keep current....
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64542 3 years ago
SO for sure... I will be adding to this thread Red Rocks ON...
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#64591 3 years ago
TooLeeDoo, the last time i saw you it looked like the cops was given you a hard time at UIC last November. I guess you made it out OK. Saw your cohort, Champipple, at the Ledges. Hope to see you in the midwest. Later
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds