• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: I want Ratdog back

#64042 3 years ago
i hope ratdog comes back, records that album they never idid, with wassy, and maybe some guest like logic, kimock and claypool.
record at TRI, do a few streams, then a west coast tour. call me crazy, and im wishin for this, i am wisiht for ratdog shows, i would be happy with ratdog spring tour, and futhur summer/fall. but i bet after NYE furthur will be off the road for a bit, bob will play around the bay area cause he justt got TRI and hes a road dog, but i bet they chill for awhile.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#64213 3 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i think ratdog is a wAY more original band.
furthur does sound alot more like the Grateful Dead did, but it was so cool to hear the songs taken in diferent direction. Furthur is a great band, but i do miss ratdog. the way i would imagine, someone older than myself might have in days of yore, missed jerry band, and was ail burnt out on the GD. i dig the small indoor venues, with good acoustics. Ratdog never got street cred. but it wasnt about that, it was hot or cold, and when it was hot, it was as hot as it gets. but furthur is more consistant. bobs even more constistant with furthur. but i miss the bob that would roll th dice and sometimes falll on his face(musically) and sometimes, take the music to a new place. that whole "new" shakedown street version, is just bob doiin it they way ratdog used to do it. remember? bring the band to a full stop.... shake it down shake down shake it downtown...(usually in small club in the downtown of some metro-area)
Damn it bob you BROKE BARRIARS with ratdog. your rehashin old shit with furthur.
get out while the gettins good.
you and ratdog, with mickey or billy opening would be a much better show than futhur.
AND it wouldnt sound like your a cover band of yourselves.

Really?
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#64487 3 years ago
Really.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#64488 3 years ago
Really.
i like radog more than furthur.
but i still like furthur.
alot.
i think i like ween more than both right now.
which would prompt some of you to tell me to go post else where.
i like tom waits too.
maybe i should find a tom waits forum, i bet those guys are much nicer. lol
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#64493 3 years ago
I like your eclectic taste in music.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#64528 3 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
Really.
i like radog more than furthur.
but i still like furthur.
alot.
i think i like ween more than both right now.
which would prompt some of you to tell me to go post else where.
i like tom waits too.
maybe i should find a tom waits forum, i bet those guys are much nicer. lol

When you have difference of opinions, you are not going to see eye to eye with all people, on all topics. That's what makes it a forum. I loveTom Waits. "Swordfishtrombones" is one of my favorite albums. Ween....Not much there for me. Oh well. Enjoy !
Last Edit: 3 years ago by strangerinboulder.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#64537 3 years ago
This goes back to.. What you grew up with... Dude likes RatDog...... I dont feel that way.....Furthur lends more credence to what im after...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#64546 3 years ago
I like Ratdog a lot too, and it doesn't really matter to me whether someone else likes them more or less than Furthur. What does bother me is all the glee some express about Phil retiring along with really nasty comments about Phil, JK and Furthur. Just too much hate, negativity and people virtually dancing on Phil's grave with those damn Ratdog sign smiley faces!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#64620 3 years ago
I loved Ratdog when they were around, but there was always something missing. I hated having to see Phil and Bobby separately. I saw a bunch of Dead 09 shows, and while it was cool to be in places like the Spectrum and MSG to see the core 4 and be back in that huge scene with enormous shakedowns, musically it was just ok. I feel like Furthur is the great compromise. Its Phil and Bobby surrounded by young and very talented musicians of all backgrounds, playing in larger and smaller venues, with a great scene around it. I think Phil has pushed Bobby to shape up and really improve himself back to his old standards. I guess all I'm trying to say is that Ill see whatever incarnation is touring, but I pray to god that Furthur sticks around for a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#64625 3 years ago
Sorry, but there is nothing redeeming about Ratdog.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds