• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: I want Ratdog back

#63764 3 years, 1 month ago
illuminaughty it is nice to know you like reggae groovess, an inaudible bassist, and a weir so drunk he can barely sing

i prefer the fresh innovative approach furthur takes to the music and their love for really taking it "furthur",i saw many ratdog shows some were good but i can't think of one that will stack against a furthur show

really though dude, i'm saying this for your own mental health and well being, if you don't dig furthur, don't come around here..if discourse is what you're looking for, there are plenty of other message boards packed with it...i respect you don't like furthur, that is fine, you aren't the only one, but please, don't stoop your level to troll, attention wanting status..it's just..well...sad dude...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fulauditors, ruby_claire, doin_that_rag
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#63766 3 years, 1 month ago
never dug ratdogbut i LOVE FURTHUR and i aint no kid.maybe bobwilldo some ratdog shows but it seems to me hes having fun with furthur at the moment
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#63773 3 years, 1 month ago
If you think Furthur is a cover band, than so is GD, Ratdog, The Q, etc. It has the original members in it!! I think some people have no clue what a cover band really is. Look it up before you post so you don't make yourself look more like a fool...
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#63779 3 years, 1 month ago
Q
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#63780 3 years, 1 month ago
I like Ratdog, but I LOVE Furthur. The vibe surrounding the band is beautiful. What's w/ the comparisons??? Who cares about anything other than the fact that when this band is playing music, I, at least, feel REALLY happy. I think that's magic!!
A lot of us here feel that way.
Anyone who doesn't feel that way doesn't have to see or listen to them!

If you feel the need to bash this band on a board that is for people that dig it, then I just feel sad you can't feel the love :/

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by ruby_claire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
kfender
Gold Boarder

#63781 3 years, 1 month ago
Ratdog is nowhere near better than Furthur.Call me crazy but Bobby was the weakest link in his own band.Maybe because he sang all the songs.I never heard a sour note from anyone else in his band.He botched so many lyrics and hit too many wrong notes.Slowed the tempo too far down on too many occasions.That is all I have to say about that.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#63804 3 years, 1 month ago
"thirty years upon my head to have you call me child..." 32 actually.
and yeah that means i never saw brent or keith, shit im lucky i caught the few shows i caught they were magical. i miss Mark Karans guitar style, jays druming, and kennys sax, and dare say i do miss wassy more than rob sylvester, but hell do for sure. now that jay is with primus it wouldbe a sick co bill primus and ratdog with jay drumming for both.
furthur rocks, i am actually a fan. i just prefer ratdog, as im sure some prefer different incarnations of phl and friends, and the dead or other ones. it is probably becuase i havent seen them in awhile. you know when ratdog was touring heaving a wished for a band with phil and bob that sounded more like the GD. i guese the grass is always greener.
BRING BACK THE DOG! WOOF WOOF(dosnt mean the end of furthur, calm sown)
Chester
More or less in line

#63805 3 years, 1 month ago
I love Ratdog. I can't wait to see them again. Not ever going to compare them to Furthur, like so many others do.
I love Furthur. I'm going to be happy with what I have, rather than complain about what I don't have. And one more
thing, the Dog will run again. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, deadontherivet
kfender
Gold Boarder

#63813 3 years, 1 month ago
I doubt you will ever see a fullblown Ratdog tour again.Bobby's got to pay for his studio and the Dog can't make the coin that Furthur can.Jay Lane seems happy to be back with Primus and Robin Sylvester has some health issues.But never say never I guess.
Chester
More or less in line

#63815 3 years, 1 month ago
Your riight. It might not be exactly what it was, but the heart of the Dog will be there. And I do expect that, with Ratdog, as with
Furthur, the boys will slow down, and not tour quite as much as they once did. But I fully expect, the music will never stop.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds