• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

I want Ratdog back

#63704 3 years ago
i think ratdog is a wAY more original band.
furthur does sound alot more like the Grateful Dead did, but it was so cool to hear the songs taken in diferent direction. Furthur is a great band, but i do miss ratdog. the way i would imagine, someone older than myself might have in days of yore, missed jerry band, and was ail burnt out on the GD. i dig the small indoor venues, with good acoustics. Ratdog never got street cred. but it wasnt about that, it was hot or cold, and when it was hot, it was as hot as it gets. but furthur is more consistant. bobs even more constistant with furthur. but i miss the bob that would roll th dice and sometimes falll on his face(musically) and sometimes, take the music to a new place. that whole "new" shakedown street version, is just bob doiin it they way ratdog used to do it. remember? bring the band to a full stop.... shake it down shake down shake it downtown...(usually in small club in the downtown of some metro-area)
Damn it bob you BROKE BARRIARS with ratdog. your rehashin old shit with furthur.
get out while the gettins good.
you and ratdog, with mickey or billy opening would be a much better show than futhur.
AND it wouldnt sound like your a cover band of yourselves.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by illuminaughty. Reason: political
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

Re: I want Ratdog back

#63711 3 years ago
Please stop posting here like you said you would.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#63713 3 years ago
i changed my mind.
please stay in colorado.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#63720 3 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i agree that this is the most grateful dead sounding band since jerry died. and i really dig furthurs sound.

I very much agree with you on the above point. : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#63722 3 years ago
Ratdog is just as much a cover band as Furthur is dude....

I like em both, just sayin'
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#63732 3 years ago
Not only are bring down vibes here but rat dog is a cover also but further is just better. We love gd we want them to play like gd that's why there so good and they do throw there something different once awhile. I would be disappointed if further didn't sound like gd.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#63743 3 years ago
illuminaughty wrote:
you and ratdog, with mickey or billy opening would be a much better show than futhur.

Are you crazy or just stupid? I wouldn't even go to a Ratdog show with Mickey or Billy opening. And it's Furthur, not "futhur."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bedortha
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#63756 3 years ago
isnt there a ratdog board? last time i checked this is a furthur board
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#63757 3 years ago
FURTHUR OVER RATDOG ANYDAY

Youngins? Didn't you say you saw your first dead show in 94 at 14. Im thinking you are the youngin here
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 3 years ago by brokenarrow.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#63760 3 years ago
I like Ratdog. I think that they were less of a cover band/nostalgia act that Furthur simply because they did not hire an Jerry Garcia impersonator to try and re-create a sound-gone-by. They tried to make something new.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds