• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Furthur and Zanes should be friends.

#63697 2 years, 10 months ago
ok, i will try and xplain how i started this whole furthur bashing(thread).
i woke up, im not a mornin person, and read on this board that furthur had Zane and his bus thrown out of lot because they didnt allow vending, andi guese Zane was vending his blotter art(usumption on my part), i had read earlier this week on this board that furthur had told the cutherbert people to let the cops ticket anyone vending. both of these things in my opinion are really swag. i have met Zane, as well as some other pranksters, and their good people, i consider them friends, in a very casual way. i would say, "hi" if i saw them. dont know them all that well.
so i post that furthur is swag im done with goin to their shows, postiin on this board, etc. etc.
then i find out that Kit(?) Kesey runs cutherbert and he was the one who said there would be no "open air market" in the lot. but he wanted his brothers Zane to be vending(assumptions on my part again). the band didnt like that they wouldnt let the fans vend, but let Zane, so they told Zane to talk his bus and go on home.
all this sounds fukn crazy to me as i type it. i have no idea what to believe. i was not there.
i have been a fan of the GD since i was 14-15, and Ken Kesey since about that time too. i am an artist and respect both circles,and hate to hear of this infighting. i have no idea whos to blame. the only negative thing i have posted about is they sound like a more like a GD coverband that ratdog, i should have said, they soudn more like the GD than ratdog, and i miss ratdogs jazzy side, as well as Mark Karan, Jay Lane, Kenny Brooks, Rob Sylvester and Wasserman, Jeff, and Bob and the magick they made together. cant wait till they are on the same stage again, hopefully on west coast tour.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by illuminaughty.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: Furthurs treatment of Zane was bullshit

#63701 2 years, 10 months ago
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63703 2 years, 10 months ago
There are two sides to every story.

Zane came out Thursday on his FB page and said the band was shutting vending down, and telling the cops to write tickets. Then it comes out that it was actually Kit Kessy.

Further took a lot of crap from fb fans.

If you were in the band wouldn't u be pissed as well?
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#63705 2 years, 10 months ago
There could be a lot more to this story than you know. Don't deprive yourself of something that brings you a lot of pleasure based on what little you know about what happened. You can always find a reason to be angry if you want to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#63707 2 years, 10 months ago
all im sayin is, being a deadhead that dosnt show up at shows and stick my finger up in the air and spange up gas money to get from show to show, and that i first saw the boys in 94 when i was 14 year old runaway, i feel abit let down by phil/jill and thier actions. the vending scene is part of the show, i dont like seeing it get out of hand, but damn have the boys done so many drugs that they really think that they will survive touring if the shut vending down period? PLEASE! they become a nastalgia act, and will not recrute new fans, and will go the way of journey war styxx blondie heart etc. still touring yes, but MSG? lol NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. i hope it blows over. i hope RATDOG comes back. i have seen way too many dead shows anyway. its high time i xpand my horizens. by the way, merle hagard and chris christoferson is playng a west coast tour also.
check it out
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63709 2 years, 10 months ago
I seriously doubt Phil will be touring at this rate much longer. So I am going to enjoy every minute I can. I started seeing the Dead in 90, and can honestly say this is the the best version since Jerrys passing.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#63717 2 years, 10 months ago
i agree that this is the most grateful dead sounding band since jerry died. and i really dig furthurs sound.
i saw GD in 94-95.
i saw Ratdog 97-04 i think, whenever their last tour was. i have seen hundreds or ratdogs shows. so i like th sax, and the jazzy versions better. i liked Ratdog better with Wasserman, who BTW has recently done an album of woodie guthrie stuff, with alot of other famous folks.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#63739 2 years, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i first saw the boys in 94 when i was 14 year old runaway

illuminaughty wrote:
i hope RATDOG comes back. i have seen way too many dead shows anyway. its high time i xpand my horizens.

You make absolutely no sense. You saw your first show in '94 but you've seen too many Dead shows? If by "Dead shows" you mean the various incarnations of the band that have emerged since Jerry's passing, then why would you hope Ratdog comes back? I think it is high time you expand your horizons and find another board to post on.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#63745 2 years, 10 months ago
yea and Ratdogs last tour was 09' - not 04' ...... so it dosn't sound like you were even to much into Ratdog if you thought they last toured in 04'......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#63808 2 years, 10 months ago
i just smoke alot of weed, and dont do dates well. sheeze. yall should lighten up. i will alwayys be a deadhead, i just think the shit with kesey and furthur is crazy but to be honest i have no infor other than whats posted, and i edited my orginal post to xpress that i really dont know shit about the situation, other than it saddens me that shit went down.
that and prefering ratdog, is like being out of the kewl kids club around here.
you know, ratdog was as much of grateful dead cover band as furthur, i just liked they way they covered it more. its apples and oranges. just because i prefer apples, dosnt mean i cant enjoy oranges too. '
i probably need to see some non hippy music in general to cleanse my palate so to speak.
i
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds