• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

Re: Zane Kesey-

#63800 2 years, 11 months ago
My comment about Shoreline wasn't so much about the vending as about the fact that certain people were busy claiming that the band had 'sold out' due to the large police presence at the venue, and that message kind of took off on social media. Coincidently(?) There was an afterparty claiming to be " The New Acid Test" given by none other than...
Well, you get the picture...

Coincidence? I think not.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, 23atwell
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#63809 2 years, 11 months ago
You know, it is so annoying when people are so quick to pass judgement on Furthur. Phil & Bob are all about the music and are quick to do the right thing when something unjust happens... I know this from personal experience- people can be so quick to spew hate when they are only basing things on one person's side of the story. This is a symbiotic relationship between us and the band, and I personally am so grateful to still enjoy it, after 27 years of show going. Yes, they make money, and I am happy to buy their tickets... They are musicians AND businessmen, after all. If people decide to sell their tickets because of Zane's situation, they're missing out. Zane is an adult, and if everything was above board, they'll work it out between themselves. In my opinion, drumming up sympathy and complaining on Facebook was not a good move, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy tour, everybody!!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, ruby_claire, Cub, deadontherivet
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#63816 2 years, 11 months ago
ddsstyle wrote:
Its all about people who show up with no tickets and dogs. And since a majority of those who show up and dont plan on attending the show are vendors, it seems very unsurprising to me that a crackdown on vending is ensuing. This policy is nothin new. Im kinda on the fence on this one. I feel you should have the right sell stuff to support your tour. Buts thats the kicker. Support your tour. Not hang out outside the venue trying to make a buck. If you primary reason for showing up is to sell, then take a hike. If your not going into the show, take a hike. For those attending the show and still hustling on Shakedown Street to get by, then i wish you good luck.

This vending scene is about 1/5 the size it was in the hey day, when it wasn't a problem. ...... Dogs and wooks, I don't think that's the issue here.

But I will say I never went to a show to see Ken Kesey or any of his clan, or buy merch.....So Rock on Phil and Bob and the gang.

Once again, the tour drama brings me back to that moment in the Grateful Dead movie when the prototype yuppie, with mixed drink in hand, is barking about residuals and the scruffy happy dude comes in from behind and yells ... "St. Stephen!"
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, bokb, deadontherivet
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Zane Kesey- Cosmic Kesey

#63827 2 years, 11 months ago
January 5th 1979, 6th row sec 1 , Philly Spectrum. Check me out Zane.
I stopped taping in 95 . I don't tape Furthur. I always take the path of least resistance to the best quality recording.
GO On Home, Your Mama's callli'n you
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#63828 2 years, 11 months ago
Zane has apologized on Furthur's FB page,
so we should accept his apology and then let this thing go.

((((PEACE))))
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, deadontherivet
Cub
Senior Boarder

#63829 2 years, 11 months ago
How many times did you see Jerry play Steve?
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#63830 2 years, 11 months ago
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
ddsstyle
Visitor

#63834 2 years, 11 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
ddsstyle wrote:
Its all about people who show up with no tickets and dogs. And since a majority of those who show up and dont plan on attending the show are vendors, it seems very unsurprising to me that a crackdown on vending is ensuing. This policy is nothin new. Im kinda on the fence on this one. I feel you should have the right sell stuff to support your tour. Buts thats the kicker. Support your tour. Not hang out outside the venue trying to make a buck. If you primary reason for showing up is to sell, then take a hike. If your not going into the show, take a hike. For those attending the show and still hustling on Shakedown Street to get by, then i wish you good luck.
. Most vendors do not show up with no intention to go into the show. That's a load of hooey, most vendors are the ones with tickets and hotel rooms and late dinner reservations. I am not sure exactly where you get the idea that vendors don't go into the show. There are vendors that alternate nights of work and nights of show between 2 or 3 people. However to generally assume that vendors are generally not there for or are completely non interested in the music is complete misinformation. I miss minglewood town council! As these issues would be better handled if we could put something like that back together.

this is funny! If you go to a show with ins and outs, go outside to Shakedown during the middle of a set! You will see most of the same people outside in the middle of the show as you did 30 minutes before the show. Literally hundreds of people show up to Furthur shows (and Dead shows in the past) with no intention of going in. And if you dont buy that you are just plain wrong. A good number of vendors dont come for the show. They come for the party, or to make a buck, or casue they have no where else to be. not all vendors. nothing is absolute. But those are the ones responsible for this and its been that way for a while.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#63840 2 years, 11 months ago
Not placing blame anywhere just saying that I wouldn't be on this crazy bus ride if it wasn't for the Kesey Family!
All i can hope for is that this issue gets resolved because I love seeing Zane carrying the torch at the shows and it really blows to see anyone bad mouth him, his family, and members of Furthur. God knows where the Dead would be without the a bus named Furthur back in its past and that crazy Cowboy Neal at the Wheel, Keseys past is one that I feel should be embraced by the band and the fan base. Even if he didn't vend, I think he should still have his bus at the shows. And I know he's not Ken Kesey, he's just his son but last time I checked JK wasn't Jerry and I still applaud him for keeping the music going, I dunno don't mean to offend a soul but gotta admit this is like being in the middle of your two best friends fighting, don't want to take sides, just resolve the issue and move along
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#63856 2 years, 11 months ago
There really is no drama, it's pretty silly, but everyone always responds to stupid drama stuff, one reason "reality" shows are dominating your cable TV. People pop out of the wood work just to stir things up, please be here for the music, it's all that really matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBDowling
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds