• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: Zane Kesey-

#63771 2 years, 11 months ago
ddsstyle wrote:
Its all about people who show up with no tickets and dogs. And since a majority of those who show up and dont plan on attending the show are vendors, it seems very unsurprising to me that a crackdown on vending is ensuing. This policy is nothin new. Im kinda on the fence on this one. I feel you should have the right sell stuff to support your tour. Buts thats the kicker. Support your tour. Not hang out outside the venue trying to make a buck. If you primary reason for showing up is to sell, then take a hike. If your not going into the show, take a hike. For those attending the show and still hustling on Shakedown Street to get by, then i wish you good luck.
. Most vendors do not show up with no intention to go into the show. That's a load of hooey, most vendors are the ones with tickets and hotel rooms and late dinner reservations. I am not sure exactly where you get the idea that vendors don't go into the show. There are vendors that alternate nights of work and nights of show between 2 or 3 people. However to generally assume that vendors are generally not there for or are completely non interested in the music is complete misinformation. I miss minglewood town council! As these issues would be better handled if we could put something like that back together.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#63772 2 years, 11 months ago
This kind of drama is a real downer...doesn't anybody else smell a rat?? People are writing horrible things on Furthur's FB page. Negative words definitely affect vibes. Who started the whole rumor??? Why hasn't this manifested itself elsewhere, where we all know that vending w/ out permits is illegal and best kept on the D/L but it mostly works out in the end??

The only other venue I even heard about police presence and "the band selling out" was Shoreline, and if anyone bothers to scratch the surface they will find similarities to what's happening here. It all adds up to "some people" wanting to take the magic that this band is creating and trash it ~ typical haters.

DON'T LET THEM DO IT!!!!!!!

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub, LBDowling, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63777 2 years, 11 months ago
I feel the same way. Furthur is taking a lot of abuse on other boards due to Zaned endless fb comments. That's why I posted what started all this in another thread.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#63784 2 years, 11 months ago
everyone is entitled to their opinions however when you ASSUME to know what theband is thinking and making statements based on an ASSUMPTION you are wrong .whoever said the band should make a formal announcement on the policy now was spot on till then im going to keepgoingto shows for the music i bring my own food and drinks anyways so dont care about the vending but if somebody is hustling a few trinkets for gas and tickets have at it.not against the full time vendors either maybe some sort of permit system needs to be implementedi dont know or have the answer
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, LBDowling
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63790 2 years, 11 months ago
This while thing has kind of gone beyond the vending issue. Due to Zanes post on FB a lot of people are writing a lot of nasty comments towards Bob, Jilll, and Phil. There are 2 sides to every story, and Zane seems to be editing his and creating one where he is a victim. The only reason I care is because I got sucked in on Thursday, and now feel like a jerk for believing him.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63792 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank god I'm not on facebook. For just this kinda shit. But hear me out. I am a college grad with over 25 yrs business exp...the best way to make $$$ is to eliminate your competition.. so you make a post saying no vending band and cops will get ya.... while you plan to vend. This smears the reputation of a band. Causes them unneeded grief. So they respond its not us. I am not on fb.. I am relaying what has been posted here. Then the original poster shows up to vend and thinks its his god given right to vend while he scared off the competition ( and coincedentally his family runs the venue). Was anyone else aware of the "approved" vending spot he claims he was at. Shakedown Street indeed
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#63794 2 years, 11 months ago
Dam. I don't know what you do at shows but I always seem to have the best time ever in and outside the show. I do always go in but when I'm not in I'm having a great time shopping, mingling and loving it. If something starts bothering me like people vendors or whatever it rolls away in seconds because of the good time I'm having. Why let stuff bother you so much. People do what they do and nobody is perfect. If you get confused listen to the music play that always helps me
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63795 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah that's pretty much what seems to have gone down. It's crazy in this day and age with all the ways to get information. Nobody really knows what the band is thinking, and probably never will. The only info is coming from Zane, and now that has been proven to be highly suspect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBDowling
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#63797 2 years, 11 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
This while thing has kind of gone beyond the vending issue. Due to Zanes post on FB a lot of people are writing a lot of nasty comments towards Bob, Jilll, and Phil. There are 2 sides to every story, and Zane seems to be editing his and creating one where he is a victim. The only reason I care is because I got sucked in on Thursday, and now feel like a jerk for believing him.

Don't beat yourself up for getting sucked in! Haters are pros at getting people to sympathize by striking the perfect tone of whine & victimization ;D
You came to your senses and that's a that what matters, eventually everyone else will come around too!
As far as making an official statement, I think that the rules of engagement state that responding to an unfounded accusation only serves to legitimize that accusation. Ignoring it is the only way to go, no matter how difficult that may be.

standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#63798 2 years, 11 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
This kind of drama is a real downer...doesn't anybody else smell a rat?? People are writing horrible things on Furthur's FB page. Negative words definitely affect vibes. Who started the whole rumor??? Why hasn't this manifested itself elsewhere, where we all know that vending w/ out permits is illegal and best kept on the D/L but it mostly works out in the end??

The only other venue I even heard about police presence and "the band selling out" was Shoreline, and if anyone bothers to scratch the surface they will find similarities to what's happening here. It all adds up to "some people" wanting to take the magic that this band is creating and trash it ~ typical haters.

DON'T LET THEM DO IT!!!!!!!

Wait I havent missed shoreline show in about 20 years. shakedown is is not like it used to be but it gets there. There's vendors everywhere there. I have a good time every time. It's not like Oakland n the 90 but it's still holds up well.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds