• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Zane Kesey-

#63665 2 years, 11 months ago
Dam, I don't really understand it all but it is still early and just started drinking my coffee and listing to last night bomb ass show that I'm sorry Zane missed. I love vendors though. I never leave the show without buying something bling.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63666 2 years, 11 months ago
My last post..sorry to be so harsh.. but the truth hurts. I applaud Furthur for shutting him down. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. My god Zane wouldn't last a day on the east coast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Cub
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63668 2 years, 11 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Dam, I don't really understand it all but it is still early and just started drinking my coffee and listing to last night bomb ass show that I'm sorry Zane missed. I love vendors though. I never leave the show without buying something bling.

I know a lot of vendors and was one back in the day. But I GTD you all the vendors I know and myself would not be happy to have our vending shut down....but there's no way in hell any of us take our ball and go home and miss the show. Speaking for myself I am there for the music first... everything else is a distant 3rd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Cub, deadontherivet
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#63669 2 years, 11 months ago
We’re just trying to manage an event properly here,” Kesey said. “I know it’s been part of the culture for a long time, but an open-air vending market is not what we want to see.”
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#63671 2 years, 11 months ago
Once again, drama and politics that surround the band has no interest to me. Its boils down to making more money, if theres no lot scene, no vendors everyone will have to buy their Furthur merch from only a couple of vendors, those vendors will make a shit load of $$$$.Seems to me the kesey fam is only reaping what they sew, for messing with the time honored tradition of lot vending.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#63689 2 years, 11 months ago
I imagine the band is pissed because

Zane posted on his Facebook page Thursday not to vend on lot, because the band is in cahoots with the police to write tickets and shut you down. This created a lot of backlash towards Furthur..

Furthur posted Friday that the venue is not allowing vending.

As the evidence comes out, it does look like it is not Furthur, and it is Kesey incorporated who is behind this move.

If I was Bob, or Phil I would of booted him as well.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
ddsstyle
Visitor

#63690 2 years, 11 months ago
Its all about people who show up with no tickets and dogs. And since a majority of those who show up and dont plan on attending the show are vendors, it seems very unsurprising to me that a crackdown on vending is ensuing. This policy is nothin new. Im kinda on the fence on this one. I feel you should have the right sell stuff to support your tour. Buts thats the kicker. Support your tour. Not hang out outside the venue trying to make a buck. If you primary reason for showing up is to sell, then take a hike. If your not going into the show, take a hike. For those attending the show and still hustling on Shakedown Street to get by, then i wish you good luck.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#63699 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the sunshine, what do you consider back in the day??

Your comments are laughable and truly pompous.....
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63715 2 years, 11 months ago
coyotte wrote:
Walk in the sunshine, what do you consider back in the day??

Your comments are laughable and truly pompous.....

My first show was 30 plus years ago you do the math. Whats laughable is a guy crying on the internet cause he couldn't vend at a venue his family runs!!!!!!!! Worse he doesn't even go into the show. ymmv
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78, Tmglf2, ColoradoRain, Cub
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#63719 2 years, 11 months ago
It really does stink that the Kesey family would try to control the vending at the cost of a harmless tradition. Public safety my ass.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds