• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Zane Kesey- Gutshot by the Band....

#63650 2 years, 6 months ago
Zane waited a day to post this on his FB page..this is very disturbing to me that the Band will use the Furthur Name but act in a way like this to the direct Kesey family is just absurd...

I am so hurt and confused! WHY would the Furthur Band kick me (and the bus) out of officially OKed and sanctioned vending inside the Cuthbert? It had all been arranged by Kit, I was to vend inside with the bus until one of the bands officials said NO (Robbie Taylor) about ME vending specifically, none of the other inside vendors were told "no"! Why me? This is why the Furthur bus was not at the shows. This feels so very personal, I feel gutshot by the band I love. I tried to go to the shows Fri, but everyone asked where the bus was...I couldn't take it. I hope everyone else enjoys the shows!

I would hope Phil himself would call you with an expanation to these actions...

i myself have now decided not to attend any of the east coast show.....

Phil do the right thing or Bob and call Zane
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Zane Kesey- Gutshot by the Band....

#63652 2 years, 6 months ago
coyotte wrote:
This feels so very personal

It sounds like it was personal if he was the only one kicked out. There are two sides to every story, but we'll probably never hear Furthur's explanation.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherone78
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Zane Kesey- Gutshot by the Band....

#63653 2 years, 6 months ago
I was gonna say something else...nevermind.
Cub
Senior Boarder

Re: Zane Kesey-

#63655 2 years, 6 months ago
Way Too much drama for this head, and the common denominator seems to always seems to be another ANGRY vendor.
Vendors killed the scene the '91. I don't have any money for your bling. Please Stop your post-show wendy wining.

They Just Won't Let you be.....Oh, No
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#63656 2 years, 6 months ago
So Cub how long you been taping? what are you going to do when they shut all the tapers down too???
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#63658 2 years, 6 months ago
This isn't just any vendor. Apparently his family manages the amphitheater. You are definitely in the minority when you say you don't have any money for "bling." I and most other fans love the vending scene. It's a huge part of the event. And you can't compare the Furthur lot scene to the Grateful Dead.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#63659 2 years, 6 months ago
Could this be in some correlation to the vending scene outside? Could the situation have deteriorated to the point where someone complained about the outside vending, so it might drive the business inside? Of all places. When you try to control business like that, you run the risk of having negative consequences. Greed goes a long way, sometimes even into the kind folks world, sadly.

By shutting down outside vending you run the risk of ruining a large part of the party. If you take away so much, you could kill the beast that feeds you, and everyone else. Its a community, and the love and kindness is real to me dammit.

Vending is what makes these shows so different from other bands. Its part of the party, and we love it.

Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63662 2 years, 6 months ago
This is almost so sad its funny. Hey Zane talk to your Kit. Sounds to me like Kit Kesey was trying to shut down vending, the band was pissed, so they sent out there guys to stop his you from vending. Like ok your family is shutting down our touring circus... we gonna shut down you. Hey Zane you have your Kits phone number right? Go cry to him.

Karmas a bitch!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63663 2 years, 6 months ago
Furthur, sorry for the verbiage but Zane you are a word that rhymes with cussy. You couldn't vend so you left. I mean how in the world could you go in and enjoy the music when you couldn't vend outside WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Another born with a silver spoon in their mouth thanks to Daddy. It was HIS bus not yours. I hope you read this!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Cub
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#63664 2 years, 6 months ago
In case you missed it in the other thread. The irony here is tremendous.

CAN MAKE MONEY OFF MY UNCLE'S FAVORITE BAND BUT YOU CAN'T .... Kit "kashing in" Kesey.

www.registerguard.com/web/newslocalnews/...rthur-alton.html.csp

Passing time in the makeshift vending village — which on Friday afternoon was inhabited by at least 200 people and dozens of dogs — is a tradition among many Deadheads and Furthur followers.

But officials with the Eugene police and parks departments and Kesey Enterprises, which manages the city-owned amphitheater, agreed to work to prevent anything from spinning out of control this weekend outside the venue.

“There’s only one way that you can vend in a park and that’s with a permit,” police Lt. Doug Mozan said.

Kit Kesey, president of Kesey Enterprises, cited both public safety and health concerns — such as selling alcohol and food without a license — as reasons why officials decided to take measures to deal with the parking lot crowds.

“We’re just trying to manage an event properly here,” Kesey said. “I know it’s been part of the culture for a long time, but an open-air vending market is not what we want to see.”
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds