• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deadicatedmamma
Fresh Boarder

Re: Hey, Gang-

#6303 3 years, 4 months ago
It's a beautiful drive through here, especially when everything turns green. :*)
mama, mama many worlds I've come, since I first left home...
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#6304 3 years, 4 months ago
THANK YOU for all you do! You have touched and changed my life in ways I could never begin to explain! Looking forward to Pittsburgh, Hampton and Charleston!!!
mhbuddyd
Fresh Boarder

#6305 3 years, 4 months ago
So any chance of a Furthur Fest happening this year?
ScarletFire
Junior Boarder

#6306 3 years, 4 months ago
Phil,

Thanks to GDTStoo I will be at Hampton, Charleston, and ATL this weekend trying to help close the circuit. Can't wait! ((((((Good vibes to everyone on tour with you)))))). See you soon!
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#6307 3 years, 4 months ago
Jill wrote:
Honestly, we were pretty beat yesterday, but we are pretty relaxed today on the bus, watching the beautiful winter landscape roll by.

Thanks for keeping Phil healthy!
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Jill
Junior Boarder

#6308 3 years, 4 months ago
Phil and I are still on the road, we still have another hour or so till we get there so you must be looking at the crew buses.
BlueLightRain
Junior Boarder

#6309 3 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys!

Thanks for a mind-blowing weekend at an amazing venue. I love being able to take the subway home afterwards, always makes for an interesting night!

I was profoundly moved with Saturday night's tribute to Bear, and especially loved hearing a few measures of A Love Supreme during that massive Mountains of the Moon. It was not the only time I shed a few tears this weekend.

All three nights were the best I have seen Furthur play out of the 20 shows I have been to, and it seems like the playing just keeps reaching new highs. Phil, it seems like you and Russo have an understanding now that rivals you and Molo. It's an absolute ass-shaking joy to bear witness to it!

One small plea... just once I'd love to hear the band start up NOt Fade Away, only to hear it U turn into a little QMS tribute... Who Do You Love > Mona, perhaps? A kid can dream!

Namaste, and THANKS!
Touch Of Grey
Junior Boarder

#6310 3 years, 4 months ago
Jill wrote:
Phil and I are still on the road, we still have another hour or so till we get there so you must be looking at the crew buses.

Late soundcheck?
If you want it your way, go to Burger King!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
Jill
Junior Boarder

#6311 3 years, 4 months ago
No Furthur Festival this year
I am pretty sure everyone is going to happy when everything turns green again. I can't wait to see how my garden looks when we get home, I planted lots more bulbs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#6312 3 years, 4 months ago
Go for tomatoes. Nothing beats home grown tomatoes.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Bebop
Fresh Boarder

#6313 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi Phil and Jill who would have thought this would be possible lo those many years ago when I got on the bus....

Anyhow, glad you are enjoying a Northeast Spring!

For those of us polly plan ahead's it sure would be nice to have the confirmed dates in hand even if tix don't go on sale for some time to come.

I have to say having tix go on sale right after christmas for this tour was a drag for those of us on budgets... Perhaps an announcement that that was going on would help some who don't have a lot of extra cash on hand. And I guess I mean an announcement not just a rumor put forth by a fellow poster....

Anyhow my two suggestions!

Keep on truckin, see you at vibes.

Cheers
Bebop (a rebob rhubarb pie!)
kilowatt
Junior Boarder

#6314 3 years, 4 months ago
Here’s the story, for anyone who’s interested, of how the guest night came about. We had already invited Larry and Teresa to join us on Sunday, so it seemed almost predestined when I ran into Elvis Costello, whom I’d actually never met, at our gym in New York last Thursday. We literally bumped into one another in the locker room, got to talking, introduced each other’s wives, etc. Now, I’m one to seize the moment, ‘cause I knew EC had done GD material in the past, so I extended the invite, and we were off and running. The icing on the cake, though, was going on Saturday night to hear Diana sing with Charlie Haden’s Quartet West at Birdland.

Wow. What a weekend.

This is how magic can happen- by always being open to the potential of the moment.

- Phil
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds