• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Jill
Junior Boarder

Re: Hey, Gang-

#6311 3 years, 4 months ago
No Furthur Festival this year
I am pretty sure everyone is going to happy when everything turns green again. I can't wait to see how my garden looks when we get home, I planted lots more bulbs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#6312 3 years, 4 months ago
Go for tomatoes. Nothing beats home grown tomatoes.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
Bebop
Fresh Boarder

#6313 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi Phil and Jill who would have thought this would be possible lo those many years ago when I got on the bus....

Anyhow, glad you are enjoying a Northeast Spring!

For those of us polly plan ahead's it sure would be nice to have the confirmed dates in hand even if tix don't go on sale for some time to come.

I have to say having tix go on sale right after christmas for this tour was a drag for those of us on budgets... Perhaps an announcement that that was going on would help some who don't have a lot of extra cash on hand. And I guess I mean an announcement not just a rumor put forth by a fellow poster....

Anyhow my two suggestions!

Keep on truckin, see you at vibes.

Cheers
Bebop (a rebob rhubarb pie!)
kilowatt
Junior Boarder

#6314 3 years, 4 months ago
Here’s the story, for anyone who’s interested, of how the guest night came about. We had already invited Larry and Teresa to join us on Sunday, so it seemed almost predestined when I ran into Elvis Costello, whom I’d actually never met, at our gym in New York last Thursday. We literally bumped into one another in the locker room, got to talking, introduced each other’s wives, etc. Now, I’m one to seize the moment, ‘cause I knew EC had done GD material in the past, so I extended the invite, and we were off and running. The icing on the cake, though, was going on Saturday night to hear Diana sing with Charlie Haden’s Quartet West at Birdland.

Wow. What a weekend.

This is how magic can happen- by always being open to the potential of the moment.

- Phil
northernlites
Fresh Boarder

#6315 3 years, 4 months ago
BIG thanks for that Saturday night RCMH show.
You guys knocked it out of the park.
There's still a lot of folks walking around with smiles a mile wide.
Dear Lord that was sweet!
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.” - Tom Robbins
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#6316 3 years, 4 months ago
If there is any way you can play 2-3 nights per venue at the west coast shows, it would make things so much easier for those of us who want to catch several of them. Outdoors with flat space for dancing is preferred!

Also, hopefully the two shoreline shows does not mean the end of smaller outdoor bay area venues! That would be so sad.

You truly have an amazing band now and I'm so grateful for your supertouring!

xoxoxo
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by spinneresque108.
BlueLightRain
Junior Boarder

#6317 3 years, 4 months ago
When I was 16, my two favorite things in the world were the Dead and Elvis Costello. I was grinning like a fool (well, for more reasons than one!) when Elvis came out on Sunday. It sounded like you had all been playing together for years. Really great to see Larry and Teresa back. What's Become of the Baby was one of the most intense, avant/out/drone/psych/whoknowswhatelse performances I have EVER seen... were these shows captured on video? I'd love to relive the madness again!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#6318 3 years, 4 months ago
That's a great story Phil. I'm going to see him in May at the tower for the first time. Now I'm even more excited to see him.
riverrunsthrume
Fresh Boarder

#6319 3 years, 4 months ago
Looking forward to the Pete tomorrow. Can't get enough "Mountain Song"
RiverRunsThruMe
kilowatt
Junior Boarder

#6320 3 years, 4 months ago
NL- thanks for those kind words- we had a fun time all weekend- there is just something about New York City...
- Phil
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds