• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

Re: Hey, Gang-

#6543 3 years, 5 months ago
Springtime is pretty busy for me at the nursery, but you can call anytime that you want to, my dear Judit.
shakedown71
Fresh Boarder

#6564 3 years, 5 months ago
wow! is all i can say! i think it is so cool for phil and jill to take time out of their day to spend with us. so sorry
i just found out. hey phil... if you read this, i had the honor of meeting you in philly at the library, when you were signing
your book "searching for the sound." i will always treasure that day. well worth the 3+ hours in the rain waiting in line!!
saw my first show 10-26-89 miami, and have been on the bus ever since. you guys inspired me in so many ways, no words could ever express. maybe some day we can jam together!!! all i can say is, i am so grateful....thank you.
Attachments:
dagan
Junior Boarder

#6573 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey Phil,
any chance Trey Anastasio will ever sit in with Furthur? That would be so incredible. Especially after seeing him play with Phil and Friends in Glens Falls, NY in 2007. I was at that show and thought it was one of the finest live performances I have ever seen. Thanks to Cotter Michaels for letting me and my dad watch sound-check. He was very generous to let us in on the "Trey" secret a little early.
I have been seeing you perform for all my life. My dad, Matthew Broad is a long time head. He started seeing the Dead in 1979 and took me to shows literally when I was 1. I got to see Jerry perform live probably 10 times, which is something many people my age (21 years old) unfortunately can not say.
Me and my dad are also very good friends with John Molo, who worked with my dad in the early 2000's, the days of the Lesh/Haynes/Molo/Barraco/Herring lineup. My dad used to co-own Everyone's Drumming.
I absolutely love what you are doing with Furthur, think its one of the best post-GD lineups ever, and hope it may continue for a long time.
Sincerely,
Dagan Broad
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#6575 3 years, 5 months ago
Ha, nancyinthesky, my 1st thought in seeing that ceanothus is how the 'Dark Star' shrubs in my gardens are just popping deep dark purple all over this year especially. One of my favorites. It's interesting to mention the name to clients, wait to see if there is any recognition. It's SF, ya know, it happens.

The gardens are happy this year with the rains, now the sun. I bet the bulbs are popping a plenty.. Cerinthe 'Purpurascens' is my plant of the year, very impressive. Try it, you'll like it.

So, first the Giants win the World Series now this Terrapin Landing is happening? Life is good in the good ole SF Bay Area.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
judit
Junior Boarder

#6577 3 years, 5 months ago
"Cerinthe 'Purpurascens' is my plant of the year, very impressive. Try it, you'll like it."

It is an amazing and very impressive plant, beautiful colors, interesting form, BUT, it's a real garden thug. The seeds spread the plant all around without regard to any boundaries. If that's okay in your garden, great, if not, beware. It can also get lanky...
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Jack Straw
Junior Boarder

#6579 3 years, 5 months ago
You two are easily the coolest couple in the entire solar system!
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

#6587 3 years, 5 months ago
You haven't met my parents. They are in my opinion the coolest ever! Phil and Bob have a great friendship though! Hope to see them this summer!
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#6590 3 years, 5 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
We love you is what's up!
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Bud
Junior Boarder

#6597 3 years, 5 months ago
Thank you for the once in a lifetime show in N.Y.C on Sunday night. It was the first show I've been to with my wife which made it extra extra special. Love the direction the band is going in every time I see you is better than the last. I know Bear,Jerry,Neil Cassidy and all of our other strange hero's that have passed were sitting somewhere really enjoying the music.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#6610 3 years, 5 months ago
Judit...garden thug? Please take it easy on my beloved cerinthe. I see her as generous, I've replanted 100's or sprouts to create a natural effect. If you mix Cerinthe, borage, CA poppy, a fewother perennials and natives in a large bed with space (a relative term, we have less in SF so you do have to be careful), the reseeding gives you a natural look that dazzles and really takes care of the bees and hummingbirds.

If you're ever are Pac Bell Park (I still call it that) early for a Giants game, follow MCCovey Cove up Mission Creek to Huffaker Park (where the houseboats are) which I take care of ..and you'll see these mixed together in their glory. I do avoid plants that send runners through the soil and choke other plants like ivy, mayten tree, etc, those are the true thugs IMO.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds