• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Can you help ease my soul

#62511 3 years ago
I am so jealous that I can't be in Oregon. I would be there. I know I should be excited for my first baby on wednesday. I can't leave my wife cause it is a c section and anything could happen. So the only shows I get to go to is Monterey cause it's pretty close to me and can go home after the shows. Im doing the right thing.
Has anybody been in this position cause usually I would be there in oregon
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Can you help ease my soul

#62515 3 years ago
I've never been in your position, but it sure sounds like your doing the right thing. Shows will come and go, but your
baby is only born once. It must be an amazing thing. The beginning of a new life, that you are not only responsible for,
but get to share. That is where you should be, absolutely! : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#62517 3 years ago
I have 3 kids and nothing would have kept me from that. You will have montery and you will always have the recordings of oregon but nothing can replace the birth of your children especially your first. Good luck to your wife and yourself and healthy vibes for your new baby
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 3 years ago by brokenarrow.
dogdog
Junior Boarder

#62519 3 years ago
Last year I blew off Broomfield to visit my father. I bought the plane tickets literally the day before learning that Furthur was playing just three hours from my house. Though I was a little bummed about missing the shows I figured the plane tickets were bought and there was no backing out. Though I confess the motivation for visiting my father was a combination of guilt and a sense of obligation, we had a great visit, and I got to see my sister and her family, as well.

Dad suddenly dropped dead three weeks later.
"Love still rings true."
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#62521 3 years ago
You are absolutely doing the right thing. Your family is far more important than the band. And the first time you hold that little one in your arms, a creation that you helped bring into being and is a part of you, the last thing you will be thinking about is a show. Yet you will certainly be filled with joy!!

Congratulations to all of you! : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, strangerinboulder, 23atwell
rojimmy1968
Visitor

#62525 3 years ago
Dude....get over yourself.

You're bummed out to be missing shows because the birth of your child??? WTF is wrong with you???

I have four children in case you're wondering and am happy I was there for each one when they arrived.

Jesus Christ.....get a grip doosh bag!!!
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#62533 3 years ago
I gotta agree, its just three shows man! Dont be jealous, its not a healthy emotion, just be happy for the massive amount of pisitive energy that will be created with this music. Your first child should not be compared to some shows, what you will experience being part of a NEW LIFE makes some concert look pretty unimportant. There will be more shows dude, dont sweat it.Your child might be born as Furthur is performing, that would be sweet.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#62538 3 years ago
Just hope your kid is grateful, + healthy.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by strangerinboulder.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#62539 3 years ago
Thank you that's what needed. A couple of heads just lifting the spirits. Please don't get wrong on this thread family is more important than anything and I wouldn't miss it for nothing. It's just nice to say how your feeling and get the the responses that you need. Thank you to all
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#62546 3 years ago
I was there for the birth of bothof my sons (both c-section), and wouldn't have changed it for the world! I bawled like a baby and it was beautiful. now almost 11 yrs later they will be attending their first shows!
The voices tell me what to say
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds