• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Forgotten R & R 's

#62238 3 years, 1 month ago
Trying to distract myself and NOT listen to gd/furthur... I know I'ma be hearing quite a bit VERY soon (thumbs up emoticon) ..if you are a certain age these guys were HUGE for a couple years then faded away. Coincedentally what made me think of em was I saw in the Paper RiK Emmett was playing Baltimore last weekend --and this was shot at Towson state. Caught em a few times.. Rik
Emmett plays a mean guitar ( and sometimes a double necked one). Man I miss the early - mid 80's. Minor technical difficulties around 2:30 then massive jammage around 2:45 -- Rock on!

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Anyone remember these guys

#62361 3 years, 1 month ago
Yes I do.......This is getting creepy.
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#62365 3 years, 1 month ago
But...these go to 11
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
dogdog
Junior Boarder

#62419 3 years, 1 month ago
Remember these guys? I cannot believe they are still kicking it. In the 2010 clip, they launch at about 2 minutes, and around 6 minutes they begin to freak it hard.

"Love still rings true."
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by dogdog.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#62424 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw Triumph back in '86 with Yngwie Malmsteen warming up.
good show, nice laser display, good times.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Almost forgotten R & R vids

#62443 3 years, 1 month ago
Wow I consider myself pretty well versed in all things rock and I never heard of Gong- and they rocked- I'm changing the name of this thread to almost Forgotten R&R vids post em up. Bands that were well known at one time whom most people have forgotten. Here's probably triumphs best known number at the US festival.

Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Almost forgotten R & R vids

#62450 3 years, 1 month ago
One more for today-- this guy was the master of the stratocaster... I'm sure many hear have and have not heard of him. Rarely known rock and roll fact-- he was picked by the Stones to replace Brian Jones before Mick Taylor joined and the Stones management talked em out of it because he didn't "look" like a rolling stone. I was very fortunate to catch him a few times. Awesome. Do your ears a favor and watch this. .*.I just watched this again as usual I'm now picking my jw up off the floor.

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#62550 3 years, 1 month ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
One more for today-- this guy was the master of the stratocaster... I'm sure many hear have and have not heard of him. Rarely known rock and roll fact-- he was picked by the Stones to replace Brian Jones before Mick Taylor joined and the Stones management talked em out of it because he didn't "look" like a rolling stone. I was very fortunate to catch him a few times. Awesome. Do your ears a favor and watch this. .*.I just watched this again as usual I'm now picking my jw up off the floor.

Great choice- Roy Buchanan is one of the all time most underappreciated guitar geniuses that ever lived! Just a minor typo though, he was the master of the telecaster, not the strat. Forgive the correction, but I couldn't get married until I could tell a tele from a strat and a Gibson from a Fender at 50 paces. ; )
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#62553 3 years, 1 month ago
Agree about Roy Buchanan. And I actually got to see Gong at a liitle punk club in Philly in the late 70s. Wonderfully strange!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Equinox.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#62564 3 years, 1 month ago
Great choice- Roy Buchanan is one of the all time most underappreciated guitar geniuses that ever lived! Just a minor typo though, he was the master of the telecaster, not the strat. Forgive the correction, but I couldn't get married until I could tell a tele from a strat and a Gibson from a Fender at 50 paces. ; )

ooooooooooofffffff... I knew that ... Ima chalking it up to early senility..sometimes my fingers don't get the proper signal from my brain. Or maybe I can chalk it up to enviromental factors rather than heredity.........(scratching chin emoticon) ---- glad to see some love for Roy .... The best non gd show I ever saw was Manuel-Danko-Hudson opening for Roy Buchanon. Quite a combination in the crowd. As a big band fan I was totally loving the opener (how often does that happen? ... Well Roy blows everyone away and the crowd is up and rockin all show before the encore some dude ran onstage and as security came to get him he was like no leave em alone. Anyone else wanna come up just leave us a lil space.... and about 50 of us jumped up onstage as he jammed the encore.... Insanity... (this one is from way deep in the Wits files) .. can you see this EVER happening today? ( I was um 15 or 16 at the time and very enthusiastic )
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds